Selected Representative Transactions:
- Advised PCF Insurance Services, a Utah-based provider of insurance brokerage services in its management-led buyout and in securing a US$500 million preferred equity investment co-led by Carlyle and HGGC, with significant investment participation from Blue Owl and Crescent Capital.
- Advised SFJ Pharmaceuticals, a California-based company that is the developer of a pharmaceutical product registration platform intended to offer clinical development and registration of pharmaceutical products, in its acquisition of the Bentracimab drug program from PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals (PINX: PHASQ), a Pennsylvania-based company that is focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to treat orphan diseases, with an initial focus on cardiopulmonary indications.
- Advised Ryzac, Inc. (d/b/a Codecademy), a New York-based developer of an online educational platform offering coding classes and tutorials, in its US$525 million acquisition by Skillsoft Corp (NYSE: SKIL), a New Hampshire-based provider of educational software.
- Advised Nextworld, LLC, a Colorado-based developer of a cloud-based ERP platform, in its acquisition of Data Systems International, Inc. (d/b/a Cloud Inventory), a Missouri-based developer of mobile-first and cloud supply chain software designed to help companies most effectively manage and move their materials and inventory.
- Advised Peugeot in connection with its $52 billion merger with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to create the world’s fourth largest automotive manufacturer.*
- Advised National Grid, a multinational electricity and gas utility company, in connection with its £7.8 billion acquisition of Western Power Distribution, the United Kingdom’s largest electricity distribution business, and its $3.8 billion sale of The Narragansett Electric Company, a Rhode Island-based subsidiary.*
- Advised Synthomer, a United Kingdom-based specialty chemical company, in connection with its $824 million acquisition of OMNOVA Solutions, a global manufacturer of emulsion polymers, specialty chemicals and surfaces.*
*Joanna advised on these deals prior to joining Orrick.