Andrew also has significant experience advising on sophisticated real estate and asset finance transactions involving global opportunity funds, banks and other financial institutions.
Prior to joining Orrick’s Energy and Infrastructure Group, Andrew was an in-house counsel at GREE Inc. and Electronic Arts where he gained experience in various corporate and commercial transactions, including joint ventures, cross-border M&A and general corporate matters.
Not Admitted in Japan.
• Pattern Energy and Green Power Investment in connection with investment structuring and senior and equity backing financing for multiple wind projects in Japan.
• A U.S. based developer in connection with investment structuring and senior and offshore mezzanine financing for multiple large-scale wind and solar projects in Japan.
• Japanese and international developers and offtakers in structuring and negotiating corporate PPAs for Japan renewable energy projects.
• Daiwa Energy & Infrastructure Co. Ltd in its partnership with a California-based renewable energy investment and development company focusing on developing U.S. renewable energy projects and acquisition, including over 1.0 GWac of solar and 2.5 GWh of BESS projects under development in the U.S.
• A European investor in the acquisition and cross-border refinancing of an operating solar project in Japan.
• A major U.S. based data center operator in connection with project financing transactions for the construction of hyperscale data centers in Japan and Australia.