Greg is a commercial litigator, with an emphasis on class actions, financial products litigation, business torts and other high value contract disputes. Greg has played key roles representing financial institutions in RMBS and CMBS litigation, energy and infrastructure contractors in major contract disputes, acquirers in M&A disputes, and mobile application providers and other emerging technology companies in privacy-related class actions, including under the TCPA.
Recent representative matters
- Dismissal on the pleadings of TCPA class action claims against payment processing provider, Paya, in which the
plaintiff sought to hold Paya liable for alleged unsolicited marketing by an independent contractor.
- Dismissal on the
pleadings of right of publicity and TCPA class action claims against
mobile app provider, Everalbum, arising
out of its invite-a-friend feature.
- Secured withdrawal of
putative TCPA class action claims against payment processing provider, Cayan, after briefing on
summary judgment and oral argument.
- Dismissal on the
pleadings of TCPA class action claims against mobile app provider, Life360, arising out of its invite-a-friend feature.
- Dismissal of class action claims
against Johnson Controls, for alleged
violation of the Federal Wiretap Act and D.C. Wiretap Act arising out of its
installation of security cameras at the Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center.
Derivative Suits, M&A and Financial Institution Litigation
- Greg is part of a team representing Credit Suisse in numerous RMBS cases throughout the country, including cases brought by the FDIC, as receiver for Colonial Bank, under the Securities Act of 1933.
- Greg was part of a team that represented Sumner
Redstone in several highly publicized shareholder derivative suits
involving Viacom and CBS in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Greg has represented major investment banks and other financial
institutions in connection with M&A litigation in the Delaware Court of
- Greg represented Barracuda Networks
in M&A litigation involving disputed claims to an earn-out in the Delaware
Court of Chancery.
- Greg represented Bank of America in connection with numerous
CMBS repurchase suits in federal courts throughout the country.
Energy & Infrastructure Litigation
- Lead counsel to Spanish solar energy provider, TSK, in Delaware Chancery Court litigation against solar panel manufacturer for breach of warranty. Secured €1.2 million
judgment in TSK's favor.
- Counsel to Denver Transit Partners in its high profile contract dispute with the Regional Transportation District relating to the $2 billion Eagle P3 Denver commuter rail project.
- Lead counsel to Shanghai-based manufacturer of solar power modules in AAA arbitration arising out of dispute over parent guaranty.
- Secured a stay of patent
infringement and California law tort claims against Toshiba Corporation on the ground that
the arbitrability of those claims had to be decided by an ICC tribunal,
which ultimately resulted in dismissal of all claims, with prejudice, in
both federal court action and related ICC arbitration.
While in law school, Greg served
as a judicial intern to the Honorable Ronna Lee Beck of the Superior Court of
the District of Columbia and as a law clerk in the Criminal Division of the
United States Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland.
Greg has also co-authored numerous articles appearing
in publications such as the Harvard Law
School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, New York Law Journal, and Law360.