Greg is a commercial litigator, with an emphasis on financial products litigation, business torts and other high value contract disputes and class actions.
Greg has played key roles representing financial institutions in RMBS and CMBS litigation nationwide, including, most recently, in one of the rare few RMBS cases that has been tried to completion.
Greg also frequently represents energy and infrastructure contractors in major contract disputes, acquirers in M&A disputes, and mobile application providers and other emerging technology companies in privacy and other consumer-related class actions, including under the TCPA.
Recent representative matters include:
Financial Institution and Business Litigation
- Greg is part of a trial team representing Credit Suisse in numerous RMBS cases throughout the country, including a highly publicized case brought by MBIA and cases brought by the FDIC.
- Greg was part of a team that represented Sumner Redstone in several highly publicized shareholder derivative suits involving Viacom and CBS in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Greg has represented major investment banks and other financial institutions in connection with M&A litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Greg represented Barracuda Networks in M&A litigation involving disputed claims to an earn-out in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Greg represented Bank of America in connection with numerous CMBS repurchase suits in federal courts throughout the country.
- Greg represented payments provider, BillingTree, in Delaware litigation, successfully securing early summary judgment for BillingTree in a disputed claim to a post-merger escrow fund.
Energy & Infrastructure Litigation
- Lead counsel to Spanish solar energy provider, TSK Electronica y Electricidad, S.A., in Delaware litigation against solar panel manufacturer for breach of warranty. Secured €1.2 million judgment in TSK's favor.
- Counsel to Denver Transit Partners in its high profile contract dispute with the Regional Transportation District relating to the $2 billion Eagle P3 Denver commuter rail project.
- Secured dismissal on the pleadings of numerous TCPA and other privacy class actions against mobile app providers, including Life360 and Everalbum, and payments provider Paya.
- Secured the voluntary withdrawal of TCPA class action claims against payments provider, Cayan, after briefing and oral argument at summary judgment.
- Obtained dismissal of class action claims against Johnson Controls for alleged violations of wiretapping laws arising out of its installation of security cameras at the VA Medical Center.
- Lead counsel to Shanghai-based manufacturer of solar power modules in AAA arbitration arising out of dispute over parent guaranty.
- Secured a stay of patent infringement and California law tort claims against Toshiba Corporation on the ground that the arbitrability of those claims had to be decided by an ICC tribunal, which ultimately resulted in dismissal of all claims, with prejudice, in both federal court action and related ICC arbitration.
While in law school, Greg served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Ronna Lee Beck of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and as a law clerk in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland.
Greg has also co-authored numerous articles appearing in publications such as the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, New York Law Journal, and Law360.