Yann Schneller, an associate at the Orrick's Paris office, is a member of the Litigation General group.
His practice focuses mainly on international arbitration including commercial and treaty disputes.
Prior to joining Orrick in 2008, Yann was a trainee at the OECD in Paris and at Gide Loyrette Nouel’s Hanoi office.
His recent engagements include:
- Counsel to a U.S. contractor in a dispute with a State-owned hydrocarbons company concerning the completion of an LNG train in North Africa.
- Counsel to a French owner in a dispute with a European conglomerate concerning the completion of an LNG terminal in France.
- Counsel to a Tunisian company in a CCAT arbitration against a Canadian company concerning the repair and delivery of train motor components.
- Counsel to a Monegasque maritime design firm in an ICC arbitration against Russian buyers concerning the manufacture and design of a yacht.
- Counsel to a U.S. company in an ICC arbitration against an Emirati company concerning consultancy services for a business venture in Dubai.
- Counsel to a Luxembourg company in an ICSID arbitration against the Gabonese Republic in investment treaty proceedings concerning a port concession.
- Counsel to a French company in a UNCITRAL arbitration against the Republic of Poland in investment treaty proceedings concerning a telecommunications investment.
- Evaluating the implementation of international anti-corruption standards into domestic legislation for the purpose of democratic reform in Egypt following the Cairo uprisings.