Mandy Perry, of counsel in the London office, is a valued member of the Employment Group and the London Employment Team with more than 15 years experience. Mandy has worked closely with Nicola Whiteley for more than 15 years. In 2013, Legal 500 recommended Mandy and awarded "the exceptional department" a Tier 8 ranking. The London Employment team was also listed in the 2013 edition of The International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers.
Mandy specialises in all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious, including "surgery-style" counselling, tribunal, employment appeal tribunal and High Court cases and the employment aspects of corporate and real estate transactions, including:
- Drafting and advising on employment, secondment, settlement and consultancy documentation, policies and procedures, and staff handbooks.
- Drafting, advising on, and enforcing confidentiality obligations and other restrictive covenants, including cross-border jurisdiction issues.
- Advising on the prevention of and defending wrongful and unfair dismissal and breach of contract claims, bonus, bonus disputes and share options.
- Advising on the application and implications of TUPE (The Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 in relation to the acquisition or disposal of a business, part of a business, transfer of a lease, contract tenders and outsourcing exercises, including harmonisation of terms and conditions, relocation, redundancies and unfair dismissal claims arising from the TUPE transfer.
- Advising on and executing executive and general recruitment, remuneration and termination.
- Advising on whistle-blowing procedures and defending claims.
- Advising on the prevention of and defending claims under discrimination and equal pay legislation and advising on maternity and other parental and family friendly rights.
- Advising on European and National works councils and other consultation issues.
- Advising on, coordinating and defending claims arising from local and transnational restructuring exercises and redundancies (collective and individual), plant closures and relocations.
- Advising on data privacy and protection requirements and issues.
- Advising on trade secrets and restrictive covenant protection and team moves.
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures and performance or absence management.
- Obtaining fast injunctive relief in relation to non-compete and confidentiality provisions.
- Advising on and preparing complex Employment Tribunal and High Court claims including whistle-blowing, race, sex, age, disability and sexual orientation discrimination, unfair and constructive dismissal, breach of contract, bonus and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Mandy regularly publishes newsletters, presents seminars and provides tailored training sessions on a range of employment-related topics, a few of which include TUPE, contracts, unfair dismissal, working time, enforcement of cross-border restrictive covenants and trade secrets, financial services remuneration practices, employment status, team moves, mock tribunals, redundancy practice and procedure, work councils and other consultation issues, discrimination and data protection.