A Valuable Market Perspective: As counsel to 700+ fintech players globally, we offer our clients a broad market view, as well as deep expertise by vertical. Our clients include:
- 8 of the Top 25 online lenders by valuation globally
- 5 of the Top 10 U.S. fintech companies, and 5 of the Top 20 fintech unicorns globally
- 8 of the Top 10 credit and mortgage lead generation platforms globally
- 4 of the Top 10 online consumer lenders
- 3 of the Top 10 digital payment companies worldwide
- 3 of the Top 10 credit card processing companies
- 21 of the Top 25 consumer banks
Forward-Looking, Holistic Advice Throughout the Company Lifecycle: No firm offers the same combination of fintech market perspective and technical experience. Our clients have the benefit of:
- A top-tier financial regulatory & enforcement practice – An inside-the-Beltway team experienced with all federal and state agencies regulating the financial sector, including hundreds of matters before the CFPB. Our team’s deep sector knowledge, recently enhanced through our combination with Buckley, has earned Chambers Band 1 national rankings for 2022 in Consumer Finance Compliance, Enforcement and Litigation as well as Cyber & Privacy.
- Seamless deal execution – Our venture finance and tech startup practice, ranked top 5 globally by PitchBook, often serves as an entry point for fintech startups. Our corporate team then scales with our clients to support strategic partnerships, capital raises, IPOs and M&A.
- A deep litigation bench – With unsurpassed knowledge of the finance and fintech markets, including matters involving consumer deception, unfair trade practices, financial services and products, corporate governance and commercial contracts, payments systems, investment products and PACE financing. Orrick was also named Banking Practice Group of the Year by Law360 in recognition of our litigation results for the financial sector.
- A set of SaaS finreg offerings – Winnow and Approved empower our clients’ in-house teams to see around corners and efficiently meet licensing and compliance requirements.
- Strategic advice to fintech investors – We draw on the same market perspective and technical know-how to advise private equity and venture funds on identifying and mitigating legal friction in their investments and support their portfolio companies. We also provide strategic guidance for funds looking at sector-based plays with our deep market perspective.