Emily's representative engagements include the following.
- Acting as a member of the Orrick team serving as national counsel to the Union Carbide Corporation in connection with asbestos-related personal injury lawsuits.
- Obtaining dismissal in favor of a chemical manufacturer in its defense of a putative class action in West Virginia alleging medical monitoring claims from the plaintiffs’ alleged exposure to chemicals emitted from a metals plant.
- Successfully defending a chemical manufacturer as national counsel in a consolidated action in West Virginia involving more than 100 plaintiffs alleging injuries from chemical exposure during their employment.
- Representing a pharmaceutical manufacturer in a product liability action involving a childhood vaccine.
- Successfully defending an international retailer in separate actions asserting claims for breach of contract and copyright and trademark infringement, including defeating two motions for preliminary injunction and a petition for a writ of certiorari.
- Representing a New York real estate development company in state and federal criminal investigations regarding bribery and corruption allegations.