Dr. Sven Greulich, partner at Orrick's Düsseldorf office, guides technology companies of all stages and their financial sponsors through transformational corporate transactions. These deals include venture capital financings, technology acquisitions, buy-out M&A of technology companies and strategic cross-border investments/JVs.
Sven advises technology companies on complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital as well as growth investments, and provides general corporate counseling.
His clients include technology companies of all stages and their investors. Supported by a global and cross-practice team, he also counsels major corporations and scale-ups on international expansion and growth projects and has a special focus on in- and outbound German/US investments and joint ventures.
Sven is passionate about building a bridge for his clients from Germany to the US and other international technology hubs and to help them succeed in the international market. With a dual background in business and law, an entrepreneurial spirit, and experience in over 200 M&A transactions and financing rounds across many industries, Sven has a unique perspective, which inspires him to find the best strategic and commercially viable solution for his clients.
Sven volunteers with entrepreneur groups at the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management and the RWTH Aachen and regularly lectures at the WHU and the RWTH incubation and innovation centers on venture capital financings, start-up growth and corporate venture capital.
Sven's work has been repeatedly awarded, inter alia
- the leading German market publication JUVE ranks him as "frequently recommended for M&A, PE/VC and corporate advice. In each of its yearbooks since 2019, JUVE named Sven as one of Germany's top 15 attorneys for venture capital (the highest recognition for this category awarded by JUVE);
- the Legal500 Rankings EMEA for 2021 recommends Sven for “mid-sized international Corporate M&A deals (€100m-€500m)” and "Venture Capital Deals";
- Best Lawyers and Handelsblatt recommend him as top lawyer for M&A transactions (2021);
- Chambers Europe lists him as notable practioner for venture capital (2021);
- in the 2017 edition of its Innovative Lawyers Report Europe, the Financial Times named Sven's work to connect start-ups with Germany's Mittelstand (mid-sized companies) a standout “for making bridges between Silicon Valley and Germany”; and
- since 2017, he has annually received the “Acritas Star Lawyer” award from the leading international legal research company Acritas based on clients' praise for Sven's responsiveness and business-oriented advice for technology companies.