Orrick’s international tax group comprises attorneys that specialise in international tax matters based in the United States and Europe, including a global network of local tax specialists to service our clients’ tax needs wherever they choose to do business.
Each of these specialists has experience in coordinating tax advice from a wide network of local tax counsel that enables Orrick to provide clients with a seamless global tax service.
We are a leading law firm in giving tax advice in respect of technology and growth clients.
Examples of how we assist clients include:
- Reorganising European groups to attract finance from Silicon Valley
- Track record in advising on tax-efficient structuring in respect of intellectual property assets
- Specific expertise on venture capital tax incentives (such as EIS/SEIS in the United Kingdom)
- Dedicated resources for share incentives for growth companies
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Highly active in advising on M&A transactions in renewable energy sector, including large number of deals for major clients
- Expertise in structuring project work, in particular developments in Africa and Latin America
Particular experience in cross-border work with the United States, especially for United States clients expanding into Europe
Tax advice for headline complex multijurisdictional
- A “go to” firm for equity incentive planning, particularly where multi-jurisdictional plans are needed
- Representative clients and engagements on areas referred to above are available on request
- Orrick was named by the FT as “The Most Innovative Law Firm in North America” for 2016, and was included in The American Lawyer’s 2016 A-List for an 8th time and 4th year in a row, this includes ranking as the 9th best law firm in the US in its commitment to pro bono
- Orrick advised Canal+ on its sale of TVN to Scripps Networks Interactive. The London Tax team was awarded European Joint Venture Tax Deal of the Year at the 2016 International Tax Review’s European Tax Awards
- Orrick was awarded European Joint Venture Tax Deal of the Year at the International Tax Review’s European