- Acted for Scalapay on its $497 million Series B financing, led by Tencent and Willoughby Capital, with participation from Tiger Global, Gangwal, Moore Capital, Deimos and Fasanara Capital.
- Acted for Kinnevik AB on its investment in Jobandtalent’s $500 million Series E financing round.
- Advised Floww, a London based company that is the developer of an investment workflow platform intended to offer the simplicity of complete portfolio management and reporting in one environment, in its financing.
- Acted for a leading B2B market research SaaS company on its $45 million Series B financing.
- Acted for a company that has developed high power battery technology for use within the automotive industry on its £1.6 million convertible loan note round and subsequent £7.5 million Series A financing.
- Acted for C-Capture, a carbon capture technology company, on its £8 million loan note financing round, led by IP Group plc, Drax Group and BP Ventures.
- Acted for Stage 2 Capital and Albion Capital on leading the $10 million Series A financing of PerchPeek, a leading PropTech company.
- Acted for Nyobolt, a company that has developed high power battery technology for use within the automotive industry, on its £1.6 million convertible loan note round and subsequent $10 million Series A financing.
- Acted for WealthKernel on its £5 million Series Seed Preferred financing, led by XTX Markets and ETFS Capital.
- Acted for SLAMcore Limited on its $5 million Series A financing to support its growth and success in developing spatial artificial intelligence algorithms to give robots and drones greater spatial intelligence.
- Acted for a US venture capital firm on its lead investment as part of a $5 million Seed financing into a company developing carbon mineralisation solutions.
- Acted for a company that has developed a cash savings platform solution on its £3.5 million Seed financing from certain EIS investors.
- Acted for Guinness Asset Management on its £3 million investment into SunTech UK Limited, a company that designs and manufactures the eFOLDi Scooter (winner of the British Invention of the Year in 2016) and its £1.8 million follow on investment in a leading active entertainment brand.
- Acted for a technology company that provides highly specialised operational risk management and communications solutions for use in high-risk environments on its $3.5 million convertible loan note and equity financing round.
- Acted for a genome sequencing and analysis company on its £2.5 million Seed financing.
- Acted for a robotics company that has created artificial intelligence driven automation for inspections of infrastructure using drones, advanced robotics and machine learning on its £1.6 million Seed financing.
- Acted for BlackSheep Ventures on its leading investment as part of ID Ward Limited's €1.1 million Series Seed financing.
- Acted for a spinout company from Imperial College London that commercialises medicines based on NK cell immunotherapy, using technology developed by the founders, on its £900,000 Seed financing.
- Acted for a B2B software and big data analytics company operating within the entertainment industry, with a focus on marketing analytics for film distributors, on its £450,000 convertible loan note financing.
- Acted for an environmental land motion technology company providing proprietary technology to process satellite radar imagery on its £400,000 Seed financing.
M&A and Private Equity
- Acted for Global Processing Services Group, a leading payment solutions platform, on its $300 million financing round led by Advent International and Viking Global.
- Acted for a private equity fund on a £75 million secondary buyout of a telecommunications and software group.
- Acted for a telecommunications company on the acquisition of its business for £40 million.
- Acted for a FTSE 250 listed investment company on its £25 million acquisition of a company holding the musical intellectual property rights of a renowned music producer's catalogue.
- Acted for David Ian Productions Limited, a leading producer, promoter and tour operator of high-profile musicals, on the acquisition of a majority stake in the company to a joint venture controlled by Raven Capital Management LLC.
- Worked within BT Group plc's M&A team on its £12.5 billion buyout of EE Limited.
- Acted for a private equity fund on its investment in a global network of music and lifestyle media brands for £5.3 million.
Please note: James' experience includes that prior to joining Orrick.