The following is a sample of Jessica's notable cases:
- In re Microsoft Antitrust Cases.
Represented Microsoft in 27 private class action antitrust cases in
California and is currently managing the settlements in the consumer
and government entity class actions.
- Go Computer, Inc. v. Microsoft. Represented Microsoft in state and federal antitrust litigation brought by a defunct pen computer manufacturer.
- Baker v. Microsoft
Represented Microsoft in a class action challenging the company's
standard End User License Agreement included in its software packaging.
- Ralph C. Wilson Industries v. KTVU, et al. Represented
major television distributors in an antitrust action brought by a
television station in San Jose, California regarding syndicated
- Greer Software Associates v. Concord Capital Management.
Represented the defendant in an action relating to copyright protection
for computer source code, breach of a license agreement and employee
- Acuson Corporation v. Westmark International, Inc. and Advanced Technology Laboratories.
Represented ATL against a claim by Acuson that the use of the phrase
"digital computed sonography" to describe ultrasound technology
infringed its "Computed Sonography" trademark. Successfully opposed a
motion for a preliminary injunction.
- Gallo Winery v. Gallo Salame. Represented Gallo Salame, then a division of Sara Lee, in arbitration over alleged breaches of a trademark license.
- Starbucks Coffee International, Inc. v. Beijing Mei Da Coffee Co., Ltd. Represented Starbucks' licensee in Asia in arbitration arising from its operations in Beijing and Tianjin.
- Narell v. Freeman.
Represented Putnum & Sons in this copyright action and obtained
summary judgment on the ground that similarities between plaintiff's
work and Ms. Freeman's novel were nonprotectible "scènes à faire."
- ACI US v. Fourth Dimension Software, Inc. Represented an Israeli company in a trademark infringement action over the use of "4D" for computer software.
- Home Americair of California franchise cases.
Trademark, trade secrets and breach of contract litigation with former
franchisees of home respiratory therapy services in federal and state
courts throughout the United States.