Jonas Robison, an associate in Orrick’s New York office, is a member of the Structured Finance Group. His practice focuses on derivatives – including negotiating ISDA documentation and advising on the requirements under the Dodd-Frank Act – as well as securitization, financial product taxation, private funds, and general corporate transactions.
Representative experience includes the following:
- Counsel derivatives market participants, including financial entities and end-users, on various requirements under Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Advise sell-side and buy-side clients on derivatives documentation, including drafting and negotiating ISDA Master Agreement Schedules, Credit Support Annexes, confirmations, and related agreements.
- Draft tax disclosures and review tax opinions in connection with a registered structured notes program.
- Represent a private equity firm in numerous acquisitions and sales of private companies.
- Advise issuers and financial institutions on compliance with the securities laws, the Commodity Exchange Act, and the Dodd-Frank Act.
Jonas was previously seconded to Luxottica Group and, before law school, worked at the Federal Reserve Board.