Financial Institution and Business Litigation
- Part of a trial team representing Credit Suisse in high profile RMBS cases in state and federal courts across the country, including in New York, New Jersey, and Alabama.
- Represented Bank of America in several CMBS repurchase suits in federal courts nationwide, including in New York and Illinois.
- Represented DISH Network in contract litigation against major South Asian television programmer, Asia TV USA Ltd.
- Represented Barracuda Networks in M&A litigation involving disputed claims to an earn-out in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Secured early, pre-discovery summary judgment for BillingTree in Delaware Chancery Court litigation over post-merger escrow fund. In a resounding victory for BillingTree, the court awarded BillingTree the full escrow fund plus all its attorneys' fees.
- Represented major investment banks in connection with M&A litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Counsel to corporate parties in connection with the pursuit and/or defense of indemnification claims.
- Represent companies across all industries in connection with litigation and third party subpoenas and investigations.
Energy & Infrastructure Litigation
- Lead counsel to Spanish EPC contractor, TSK Electronica y Electricidad, S.A., in Delaware Chancery Court litigation against solar panel manufacturer for breach of warranty. Secured judgment for full amount of damages sought by TSK.
- Counsel to Denver Transit Partners in its high profile contract dispute with the Regional Transportation District relating to the $2 billion Eagle P3 Denver commuter rail project, which was tried to completion in Denver District Court in 2020.
- Representing Caesars Entertainment in putative false advertising class actions in New York and Illinois concerning Caesars Sportsbook.
- Secured dismissal on the pleadings of numerous TCPA and other privacy class actions against mobile app providers, including Everalbum and Life360, in well publicized rulings that the apps' invite-a-friend features did not violate the TCPA and other state laws.
- Obtained dismissal on the pleadings of TCPA class action claims against payments provider, Paya, for lack of vicarious liability.
- Secured voluntary withdrawal of TCPA class action claims against payments provider, Cayan, after briefing and oral argument at the summary judgment and class certification stage.
- Obtained dismissal of class action claims against Johnson Controls for alleged violations of wiretapping laws arising out of its installation of security cameras at a VA Medical Center.
International and Domestic Arbitration
- Counsel to several providers of online social games in AAA arbitrations alleging that the games are unlawful gambling.
- Lead counsel to Shanghai-based manufacturer of solar power modules in ICDR arbitration arising out of dispute over parent guaranty. Obtained full amount of damages sought plus attorneys' fees.
- Lead U.S. counsel to Spanish EPC contractor in ICC arbitrations arising out of construction of power plants in South America.
- Counsel to Toshiba in ICC arbitration arising out of IP licensing dispute with BaySand concerning nanometer technology.
- Counsel to major packaging products and systems company in SIAC arbitration arising out of joint venture dispute.
- Counsel to payments provider in AAA arbitration arising out of contract dispute with a merchant customer.