Upstream and Midstream Oil and Gas and Private Equity
- A supermajor in a $2.2 billion acquisition and joint venture of Barnett shale assets.
- The management of Vine Oil and Gas in multiple joint ventures with The Blackstone Group targeting U.S. operated working interests, mineral interests and other upstream assets.
- A private equity-backed Texas oil and gas company in an acquisition and acreage exchange for an operated interest in the Permian Basin.
- A supermajor in a $1.2 billion disposition of its interest in a Gulf Coast pipeline.
- Providence Energy in a joint venture large pension fund’s targeting upstream oil and gas interests.
- A U.K.-based energy company in a $1.3 billion acquisition and joint venture of Haynesville shale assets.
- Alta Resources Development in a joint venture with its equity sponsors targeting upstream oil and gas assets.
- Japan-based company Mitsui & Co., Ltd., in negotiation of agreements for a $680 million acquisition and joint venture of Eagle Ford shale assets.
- A private equity fund in its acquisition of Permian and Eagle Ford upstream oil and gas assets.
- An independent oil and gas exploration and production company in its acquisition of East Texas oil and gas properties.
- A U.K.-based energy company in the unitization of the Lula Field, one of the world's largest oil fields, offshore Brazil.
- A Japan-based energy company in the formation of and corporate governance matters relating to its U.S. gas marketing subsidiary and related midstream agreements.
Restructuring and Structured Finance
- The note purchasers in the first-of-a-kind securitization of non-operated oil and gas wellbore interests of Raisa Energy.
- The note purchasers in the securitization of operated oil and gas wellbore interests of Diversified Gas & Oil.
- Wells Fargo as administrative agent in connection with the bankruptcy of Legacy Reserves.
- Wells Fargo as administrative agent in connection with the out of court restructuring of an upstream oil and gas company.
- Wells Fargo as secured lender in connection with the issuance of notes in a distressed upstream oil and gas company.
Downstream Oil and Gas and Petrochemicals
- NOVA Chemicals Corporation in its $2.1 billion acquisition from The Williams Companies of their interests in an ethane cracker in Geismar, Louisiana and the Mont Belvieu storage hub.
- Subsidiaries of NOVA Chemicals Corporation and Borealis AG in their Texas joint venture with Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA, Inc. with respect to two existing polyethylene facilities, an under-construction ethane cracker and a development stage Borstar polyethylene facility.
Oilfield Services and Equipment
- A major international oilfield services company in an acquisition of the assets of an oilfield technology company.
- A leading oil and gas equipment distributor in connection with numerous purchase, sale and license agreements.
- A major international oilfield services company in connection with its disposition of equity interests in a technology company servicing upstream energy companies.
- A closely-held company in its acquisition of option rights to purchase intellectual property with applications in upstream oil and gas production.
Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts - LNG
- A U.K.-based energy company in the drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract for an Australia-based LNG export project.
- A major energy company in the drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract for an LNG export project in Louisiana