Darrin's representative engagements include:
- More than 20 years serving as bond counsel, underwriters' counsel, special counsel, or disclosure counsel on public finance transactions on behalf of state and local governmental entities.
- Served as bond counsel to numerous municipalities on general obligation financings ranging from $2 million to over $750 million, including commercial paper and short-term working capital financings.
- Assisted a financially distressed municipality in direct negotiations with several swap counterparties in connection with the restructuring of interest-rate exchange agreements totaling almost $1 billion. The restructured transaction was awarded the 2009 Bond Buyer Deal of the Year, Non-Traditional Financing.
- Served as borrower's counsel to a public charter school in one of the largest tax-exempt financing for an individual public charter school and have served as bond counsel on more than 30 financings for charter schools.
- Served as bond counsel to a large municipality on several public-private partnership transactions, utilizing payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT), tax increment financings (TIF), qualified zone academy bonds (QZABS) and qualified school construction bonds (QSCBS).
- Served as bond counsel to large municipality on dozens of issues of conduit revenue bonds on behalf of 501(c)(3) corporations (primarily charter schools, hospitals, elementary and secondary schools and colleges), or businesses located in enterprise zones.
- Acted as bond counsel to a large municipality on four bond financings involving issuance of more than $1.3 billion variable rate demand obligations, fixed rate and auction rate securities issued pursuant to a multimodal bond indenture.
- Representing underwriters on various refunding and new money general obligation and revenue bond financings.