Barry’s experience includes advising:
- Energia Group on the establishment of its joint venture with Eni (Plenitude) and HitecVision's Vårgrønn to develop offshore wind projects in Ireland, with the potential to deliver up to 1.8 GW of new capacity by 2030.
- Galileo Green Energy on a re-organisation of its shareholder arrangements.
- Ørsted on its divestment of its remaining 25% interest in the London Array Offshore Wind Farm to funds managed by Schroders Greencoat.
- A leading renewable energy developer on the sale of a 49% stake in three development stage offshore wind projects in Sweden to Ingka Investments. The projects – Galatea-Galene, located off the coast of Halland, Triton, located off the coast of Skåne and Aurora, located off the coast of Gotland and Öland – have the potential to reach an aggregate installed capacity of 9 GW and to produce up to 38 TWh combined, once operational, corresponding to more than 25% of the electricity consumed in Sweden in 2021.
- Sustainable Development Capital LLP on its agreement to acquire the entire issued share capital of United Renewable Energy Limited (‘UURE’) from United Utilities Group for approximately £100 million. UURE is the owner of a portfolio of 70 operational renewable energy assets comprising (i) ground mounted, rooftop and floating solar projects, (ii) onshore wind, and (iii) a hydro-electric project which provide renewable energy generated on-site directly to the end-user, United Utilities Water Limited, to provide power to critical water infrastructure.
- SoftBank Group and SoftBank Vision Fund on their agreed $40 billion sale of Arm Limited to NVIDIA.
- WEX inc.'s agreed $1.7 billion acquisition of B2B payments solutions, eNett and Optal.
- The Blackstone Group on its €1.64 billion acquisition of CRH plc's European distribution business.
- Partners Group on its acquisition of a minority stake in Żabka Polska convenience stores from CVC.
- KIRKBI A/S on its shareholder arrangements relating to its €1.4 billion joint acquisition of Armacell from The Blackstone Group.
- Mastercard on its €2.85 billion acquisition of Nets A/S' account-to-account business, and on its strategic investment in merchant services Fintech, Pollinate International.
- Antenna Group on its €180 million disposal of its Serbian and Montenegrin TV and media business.
- The Coca-Cola Company on its £3.9 billion acquisition of Costa Limited from Whitbread plc.
- Secure Trust Bank plc on its £235 million sale of Everyday Loans Holdings to Non-Standard Finance plc.
- Mondelēz International on its joint venture with D.E. Master Blenders 1753 B.V. to combine coffee businesses creating, Jacobs Douwe Egberts with annual revenues of $7 billion.
Please note: Barry’s experience includes that prior to joining Orrick.