San Francisco; Los Angeles
Dennis Martin is a lawyer with our Real Estate Group. He formerly served as Chair of the global Real Estate Group and Co-Head of Orrick’s global Finance Business Unit, which includes its Real Estate, Banking and Finance, Public Finance, Restructuring and Structured Finance practice groups.
Mr. Martin has significant cross-border experience, as he was based in Tokyo for seven years, starting in January 1997. Mr. Martin focuses his practice on a variety of real estate and structured finance-related transactions, representing multiple types of clients, including opportunity funds, investment banks, financial institutions, developers, high net-worth individuals, insurance companies, pension funds, pension fund advisors, fund managers, loan servicers and charitable organizations.
Mr. Martin has experience drafting documentation for and negotiating:
- Secured and unsecured multi-party revolving credit facilities
- Development, construction, permanent and mezzanine financings
- Bond financings
- Mortgage loan acquisitions and dispositions
- The workout of troubled real estate loans
- Loan participations and syndications
- CMBS and RMBS securitizations
- Servicing and asset management contracts
- Real property and hotel acquisition and disposition contracts
- Partnership, limited liability company and shareholder agreements
- Property management contracts
- Office and industrial and ground leases