Maria's recent representation include the following.
- Acting for the respondent in a series of arbitrations, the headline claim being a significant arbitration for breaches of fiduciary duty, involving a claim for £2 billion in damages arising from the alleged breaches.
- Successfully defending a breach of duty and conspiracy claim, including a novel claim for £15m in "Wrotham Park damages" in the Commercial Court.
- Acting in various multi-jurisdictional arbitration and litigation proceedings involving a $3 billion dispute between multi-national companies over control of Polish mobile telecommunications company.
- Defending a highly contentious application under section 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996 to set aside an arbitration award obtained in ICC proceedings in Paris.
- Acting for major energy company concerning a $50 million dispute over a price review clause in a long-term gas supply contract.
- Commercial Court claim for $500 million for commercial fraud and misrepresentation.
- LCIA bond trading arbitration for $40 million concerning asset finance disputes.
- Advising banks on confidentiality, letters of credit, claims for banks against fraudulent traders and injunctive relief and claims under guarantees.
- LCIA arbitration for $30 million concerning coal trading and derivatives dispute.
- Advising telecommunication and entertainment companies on contractual disputes, and advising on film financing disputes.
- Stockholm arbitration of $100 million re insurance dispute.
- Advising on offshore trust disputes.
- Dealing with commodity trading disputes and various dry shipping disputes.
- Advising on $250 million oil trading claim.
- Advising generally in relation to disputes concerning oil and gas and coal and electricity supply contracts.
Reported cases include:
Benson Lonsdale & Co Ltd v Folksam General Mutual Insurance Association,
Court of Appeal (Civil Division)  10 WLUK 81;
Freight Forwarding Co Ltd v Davies Turner Southern Ltd, Court of Appeal (Civil
Division)  2 Lloyd’s Rep 388;
Elena de Molestina & others v Alvaro Noboa Ponton & others  1 All
ER (Comm) 587;
Exploration & Production UK Limited v Electricity Supply Board  1 All
ER (Comm) 926;
- The Law
Debenture Trust Corporation Plc v Concord Trust and others  EWHC 2255;
SA v Vivendi Holdings 1 Corporation: Law Debenture Trust Corporation Plc v
Vivendi Holdings 1 Corp  EWCA Civ 1178;
East Holding II AS v Altimo Holdings & Investments Ltd &Ors.  2
All E.R. (Comm) 213;
- Chantiers De L’Atlantique S.A v Gaztransport & Technigaz
S.A.S  EWHC 3383 (Comm);
- Hosking v Marathon Asset Management LLP  EWHC 2418 (Ch);
- Federation Internationale De L’Automobile v Gator Sports Ltd
& Ors.  EWHC 3564 (Pat);
- Marathon Asset Management LLP & Anor v Seddon & Ors
 EWHC 300 (Comm);
- C.D.R. Creances S.A.S & Anor v Tapie & Ors.  EWHC 1266 (Comm)