Some examples of Jeremy's experience and record of success include:
- Online Sports Betting. Jeremy and Orrick have played a crucial role in legalizing online sports betting in 18 states (as of September 2022) on behalf of clients FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM, Bally's, and BetFanatics. Working with the companies' government affairs teams, Orrick has helped negotiate/draft model legislation, hired and supervised 75 contract lobbyists, made over 200 trips to state capitols, testified before dozens of committees, designed grassroots campaigns that has generated tens of thousands of customer emails to their state representatives, and worked with stakeholders to bring legal sports betting to nearly 50% of the United States population.
- Professional Sports Leagues & Sports Betting: From January 2017 through December 2021, Jeremy and Orrick coordinated a multi-state legislative campaign on behalf of Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, and PGA Tour to ensure that online sports betting bills included provisions that protected league integrity and required operators to use official league data to set and settle in-game wagers. Over a four year period, Jeremy and his team helped the leagues pass legislation that included these provisions in multiple states, including Illinois, Michigan, New York, Arizona, Tennessee, and Massachusetts.
- Communication Tax Reform and Right of Way Fee Legislation:For the past 14 years, Jeremy has overseen a multi-state legislative campaign on behalf of DISH and DIRECTV to defeat anti-competitive satellite TV and over-the-top TV taxes. The team’s record is nothing short of spectacular. Since 2009, Orrick has helped the satellite TV industry defeat over 100 bills in 40 states, which has translated into billions of dollars of savings. More recently, Orrick has mounted an affirmative campaign to clarify state laws and confirm that municipalities cannot charge streaming operators a fee to use their rights of way. In 2022, alone, Orrick passed clarification bills in Georgia, Louisiana, and Arizona.
- Clean Energy Reform. Jeremy and his team have coordinated a multi-state campaign on behalf of a national energy client to pass or shape legislation that promote clean energy and ensure that states are able to keep the lights, air conditioning, and heat on.
- Car Sharing Legislation. In 2019, Jeremy and his team designed and coordinated a nearly 50 state lobbying campaign on behalf of Getaround to defeat or amend an onslaught of anti-competitive bills that posed an existential threat to this new and innovative industry. Orrick--together with other industry stakeholders--helped defeat or favorably amend bills in 25 states over a 10 month period.
- Ocular Telehealth. Over a 3 year period (2016 -18) Orrick coordinated a multi-state legislative campaign on behalf of Warby Parker and Simple Health to protect against anti-competitive ocular telehealth legislation.
- Daily Fantasy Sports. In the fall of 2015, the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, FanDuel and DraftKings faced an existential threat from state legislatures and Attorneys General. Jeremy and his team built, implemented and ran a 50-state legislative and regulatory campaign that included on the ground lobbying, public relations support, and grassroots and grasstops activation. As a result of Jeremy and Orrick’s work, 20 state legislatures, including New York where Attorney General Schneiderman issued a cease and desist to the companies, have passed legislation clarifying that daily fantasy sports are legal, creating regulatory oversight and introducing common sense consumer protections.
- Alcohol Delivery Legislation. Jeremy and his team developed and implemented a multi-state legislative campaign on behalf of Drizly to pass or shape bills that would potentially regulate or, in some instances, prohibit third party alcohol delivery.