Nick’s experience includes advising:
- BlackRock’s Global Renewable Power platform on its membership of the NextGen consortium, a group of leading offshore wind companies participating in Crown Estate Scotland’s ScotWind leasing process.
- Ørsted Onshore A/S on its acquisition of Brookfield Renewable’s Irish and UK onshore wind business, based on an enterprise valuation of €571 million as of December 31, 2020 (subject to customary adjustments), which marks Ørsted’s entry into the European onshore market.
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on the sale of its 35% equity interest in the 588MW Beatrice offshore wind farm to The Renewables Infrastructure Group Limited and to funds managed by Equitix Management Limited.
- Galloper Wind Farm Limited on its £281.8m sale of the transmission system assets relating to the 353 MW Galloper offshore wind farm to Diamond Transmission Partners (a consortium between a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation and HICL Infrastructure PLC). The Galloper offshore wind farm is owned by innogy SE, Siemens Financial Services, Sumitomo Corporation and ESB and a consortium managed by Green Investment Group and Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- Race Bank Wind Farm Limited (a joint venture between Ørsted, Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund, a fund established by Sumitomo Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Development Bank of Japan, and Arjun Infrastructure Partners and Gravis Capital Management) on its £472.5 million sale of transmission system assets relating to the 573 MW Race Bank offshore wind farm to Diamond Transmission Partners, representing the largest OFTO transaction by value at the time of closing.
- Vattenfall on the sale of its entire UK electric vehicle business to Statkraft AS, Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy.
- Vattenfall on the sale of its UK gas and electricity supply business iSupply Energy to EDF Energy.
- Enterprize Energy Pte. Ltd. on its strategic joint venture with Mitsui & Co. Mitsui acquired 50% of Yushan Energy Company Ltd, which owned 40% of the Hai Long offshore wind development in Taiwan.
- Ørsted on its investment in Pict Offshore, the Scottish developer of an innovative motion compensated hoist solution that enables technicians to safely transfer between small moving vessels and offshore wind turbines.
- Canadian Solar on the sale of a solar farm in Ballygarvey, Northern Ireland to Next Energy Capital.
- Aurium Capital Markets, Equitix and Helios Energy Investments on the formation of Bio Capital, a dedicated business investing in renewable energy plants using anaerobic digestion technology.
- Statoil (now Equinor) on the acquisition of a 25% interest in the Roncador offshore oil field in Brazil from Petrobras for $2.9bn.
- A Chinese state-owned entity in connection with Neptune Energy’s binding offer to acquire ENGIE E&P International S.A., the international E&P division of the ENGIE Group, for $3.9 billion.
Please note: Nick's experience includes that prior to joining Orrick.