Jennifer defends her clients in federal and state litigation across the country that allege fraud, breach of contract, or securities law violations. She is a key member of an Orrick trial team that has shaped the legal landscape of RMBS litigation after the 2009 financial crisis, delivering out-of-the box arguments and innovative solutions for her clients, from initial receipt of pre-litigation demands through expert work, summary judgment and trial.
Jennifer's mortgage-backed securities litigation experience, which spans the last decade, includes:
- Representing Credit Suisse Securities in multiple million and billion-dollar actions across the country brought by monoline insurers, trustees, and regulators alleging breaches of representations and warranties, fraud, and securities violations. Recent highlights include conducting direct examination of an expert witness in a trial in February 2023, and securing partial dismissal of claims in December 2023 after arguing a motion to dismiss.
- Representing Goldman Sachs in two RMBS putback actions pending in the Southern District of New York alleging that Goldman breached representations and warranties regarding the characteristics of the deal loans.
Jennifer also has significant mortgage servicing expertise, including the following matters:
- Representing Nationstar in a breach of contract dispute alleging that Nationstar failed to properly service and made misrepresentations regarding thousands of early buy-out loans.
- Representing Ocwen Mortgage Servicing in a consumer class action in the Eastern District of California alleging numerous claims including RICO, California consumer protection statutes and fraud.
Jennifer also represents financial services companies related to commercial disputes, including:
- Representing Pipe Technologies, Inc. in multiple commercial disputes regarding payment of services.
- Representing a large financial services platform in multiple subpoenas issued for production of documents.
Jennifer is dedicated to pro bono work, including asylum claims, a cause close to her heart as a child of immigrants. Prior to joining Orrick, she held a fellowship position in the Law Reform Unit at the Legal Aid Society of New York, litigating both individual cases as well as class actions.
Jennifer is a leader and advocate for diversity and inclusion initiatives in the legal profession. She leads Orrick's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee in San Francisco. She has served as a fellow for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, and is active in the California Minority Counsel Program.