Simon's experience includes advising:
- Ørsted Onshore A/S on its agreement to acquire Brookfield Renewable’s Irish and UK onshore wind business. The agreement is based on an enterprise valuation of EUR 571 million as of 31 December 2020 (subject to customary adjustments) and marks Ørsted’s entry into the European onshore market. With the acquisition, Ørsted is acquiring one of Europe’s leading integrated renewable energy platforms, including 389MW under construction and in operation, 149MW in advanced development and more than a 1 GW development pipeline in Ireland and the UK.
- Hornsea 1 Limited, a joint venture owned between Ørsted (50%) and Global Infrastructure Partners (50%), on the £1.175 billion sale of its transmission assets to Diamond Transmission Partners Hornsea One Limited.
- Institutional investors on an award winning £1.3 billion bond in relation to the acquisition by leading Danish pension funds PKA and PFA of a 50% stake in the 659 MW Walney Extension offshore wind farm. The deal is valued at £2 billion, of which £1.3 billion is being funded through the issuance of the bond.
- Ørsted on the reorganisation of the Lincs offshore wind farm joint venture following the decision of partners Centrica and Siemens Project Ventures to sell their respective 50% and 25% stakes in the Lincs project (and the subsequent reorganisation of the joint venture arrangements to facilitate the introduction of shareholder level debt financing).
- ScottishPower Renewables, SSE, Ørsted, Marubeni Corporation, UK Green Investment Bank Plc, Centrica, Macquarie, Sumitomo, PKA and KIRKBI A/S in relation to the divestment of their respective interests in the offshore transmission assets on seven UK offshore wind farm projects as part of the offshore transmission asset disposal regime regulated by Ofgem.
- The sponsor on the negotiation of service agreements in relation to a substantially developed U.S. offshore wind farm.
- Ørsted (as service provider) on the drafting and negotiation of a post-warranty long-term operation and maintenance agreement with ScottishPower Renewables and Ørsted (as owners) in relation to the West of Duddon Sands offshore wind farm project.
- Ørsted on its joint venture arrangements in connection with the refinancing by its joint venture partner of their 50% stake in the Racebank offshore wind farm project.
- PNE AG on the disposal of an onshore wind farm in the United Kingdom.
- Ørsted in relation to the development of a 20 MW battery storage project in Liverpool, its first venture into large-scale standalone storage.
- Jaeren Energi AS on the arrangements for the financing, construction and operation of the Hoeg-Jaeren EnergiPark onshore wind farm located to the south of Stavanger, Norway.
- Ørsted on the renegotiation of the operation and maintenance, trading and accreditation and management service agreements in relation to Walney I and II offshore wind farms.
- Belwind N.V. on the arrangements for the €600 million financing, construction and operation of the 165 MW first phase of the Bligh Bank offshore wind farm located 47 km off the Belgian coast near Zeebrugge.
Please note: Simon's experience includes that prior to joining Orrick.