M&A and Corporate
- Three cooperatives in the separate purchases of the Virginia electric distribution assets of two investor-owned utilities.
- An Alaskan utility in the structuring of the financing of the acquisition of Anchorage Municipal Power & Light.
- Represented a Kentucky utility in the acquisition of four coal-fired generation plants and related transmission assets from an investor-owned utility.
- The negotiation of the acquisition of coal and natural-gas fired and renewable energy generation facilities, including in auctions.
- A leading renewables developer in a joint venture with two other leading renewables developers.
- A major U.S. renewable developer in the acquisition of the development assets of a Maine wind project.
- Borrowers in dozens of syndicated credit facilities.
- Issuers of billions of dollars of debt securities in registered, Rule 144A and 4(a)(2) offerings.
- A Texas utility in the development and implementation of an innovative “floating lien” first mortgage indenture as part of the refunding of all long-term indebtedness of the utility.
- A Minnesota generation and transmission cooperative (G&T) in a $1.4 billion Rule 144A debt offering, the largest-ever capital markets offering by a G&T.
- A North Dakota G&T in a $1.5 billion global private placement, the largest-ever private placement by a G&T.
- An investor-owned utility in the implementation of a new first mortgage indenture and $640 million syndicated credit facility as part of a financial restructuring of the company.
Power Purchase Arrangements
- A power supplier in an 850 MW long-term power sales arrangement with two aluminum smelters in Kentucky.
- A Texas utility in a request for proposals for firm, wind and solar energy and related contracts.
- An Oklahoma utility with respect to the restructuring of its power supply arrangements to include long-term supplies of conventional, wind and solar energy.
Project Development and Ownership
- The unregulated subsidiary of an investor-owned utility in the negotiation of joint ownership arrangements relating to construction of a natural gas-fired combined cycle facility in Missouri.
- An independent power producer in the development and construction of a natural gas-fired combustion turbine facility in Colombia.
- A Japanese equity investor in wind-powered generating facilities in Italy.
- A public power authority in a $1 billion+ DOE loan guarantee to finance its undivided interest in two new nuclear generation units.
- An automotive company in a $528 million DOE loan guarantee for the development of a next-generation electric vehicle.
- A major global conglomerate in the negotiation of a DOE grant to fund construction of a U.S. manufacturing facility.