- Borrowers in dozens of syndicated
- Issuers of billions of dollars of
debt securities in registered, Rule 144A and 4(a)(2) offerings.
- A Texas utility in the
development and implementation of an innovative “floating lien” first mortgage
indenture as part of the refunding of all long-term indebtedness of the utility.
- A Minnesota generation and
transmission cooperative (G&T) in a $1.4 billion Rule 144A debt offering,
the largest-ever capital markets offering by a G&T.
- A North Dakota G&T in a $1.5
billion global private placement, the largest-ever private placement by a
- An investor-owned utility in the
implementation of a new first mortgage indenture and $640 million syndicated
credit facility as part of a financial restructuring of the company.
- A power supplier in an 850 MW long-term
power sales arrangement with two aluminum smelters in Kentucky.
- A Texas utility in a request for
proposals for firm, wind and solar energy and related contracts.
- An Oklahoma utility with respect to the restructuring of its
power supply arrangements to include long-term supplies of conventional, wind
and solar energy.
M&A and Corporate
- A major US renewable developer in
the acquisition of the development assets of a Maine wind project.
- Three cooperatives in the
separate purchases of the Virginia electric distribution assets of two
- The negotiation of the
acquisition of coal and natural-gas fired and renewable energy generation
- A leading renewables developer in a joint venture with two
other leading renewables developers.
Project Development and Ownership
- The unregulated subsidiary of an
investor-owned utility in the negotiation of joint ownership arrangements
relating to construction of a natural gas-fired combined cycle facility in
- An independent power producer in
the development and construction of a natural gas-fired combustion turbine
facility in Colombia.
- A Japanese equity investor in wind-powered generating
facilities in Italy.
- A public power authority in a $1
billion+ DOE loan guarantee to finance its undivided interest in two new
nuclear generation units.
- An automotive company in a $528
million DOE loan guarantee for the development of a next-generation electric
- A major global conglomerate in the negotiation of a DOE
grant to fund construction of a U.S. manufacturing facility.