Rob Parr advises companies at all stages of growth, with an emphasis on startups and emerging companies, on complex transactions focused on the exploitation of IP rights and technology.
Rob drafts and negotiates a wide variety of complex commercial agreements, including services, distribution, strategic alliance and joint venture, supply, asset transfer, and intellectual property license agreements. He serves as product counsel and advises clients on a range of technology, IP and regulatory issues in connection with the development and commercialization of products and services, including compliance with privacy laws, open source software use and consumer warranty issues. Rob also represents clients with the IP issues arising from venture financings, M&A transactions, spin-outs, and IPOs.
Rob has extensive experience across a variety of industries, including artificial intelligence, autonomous driving, big data, cleantech, cloud, digital health, digital media, e-commerce, edtech, fintech, gaming, Internet of Things, and software.
Select Commercial Experience
- API license and SDK access agreements
- Asset purchase, sale and transfer agreements, including in connection with M&A deals and carve-out transactions
- Beta, trial, and evaluation agreements for technology products
- Consumer agreements and notices, including terms of service for online applications and properties, terms of sale, privacy policies, and warranty terms
- Data licensing agreements
- Distribution and sales channel agreements, including reseller, referral, value-added reseller, original equipment manufacturer, white-label, sales representative, and affiliate linking agreements
- IP and commercial issues, including due diligence, in connection with venture capital financings, buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions, and IPOs
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Open source software compliance and risk assessments in connection with product development, launch and commercialization, and venture capital, M&A, and IPO transactions
- SaaS subscription agreements, including support and service level agreements, and data processing agreements
- Software license agreements, including source code escrow agreements, enterprise agreements, end user licenses, and inbound software licenses
- Sponsored research agreements, patent licenses, and software licenses with universities and research institutions
- Technology development agreements, including joint development arrangements for hardware and software products