Hiroki’s representative experience includes the following:
Mergers and Acquisitions (Cross-border)
Representation of a Japanese cryptocurrency exchange company on its sale to a crypto derivative exchange company.
Representation of a Japanese chemical company in its acquisition of 45% stakes in a leading Japanese manufacturer of specialty chemicals, from a U.S.-based global technology and specialty material company.
Private Equity and Venture Capital (Cross-border)
- Representation of a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer on its US$400 million investment
into an autonomous vehicle technology company co-located in the United States and China.
- Representation of a cryptocurrency exchange company, the second "unicorn" in Japan's startup space, in their Series C funding.
- Representation of major Japanese general trading company in the establishment of a corporate venture capital fund with a California-based venture capital firm.
- Representation of a Japanese company targeting innovations in oncology, CNS and autoimmune disease, in their US$4.9 million Series A financing.
- Representation of the largest Japan-based manufacturer of cranes in its LP investment in a US venture fund.
- Representation of an innovative company behind the next-generation Personal Electric Vehicles in its US$45 million funding.
- Representation of a Tokyo based start-up on its pre-A round of US$3 million.
- Representation of a venture capital fund in their investment in a Japanese pharmaceutical company for their Series A round.
- Representation of a Japan-based travel agency in their strategic B investment in a Taiwanese online travel start‑up.
- Representation of a venture company in its investment into the US$7.3 million Series A round for a Japanese developer of a cloud-based satellite-antenna sharing platform.
- Representation of a Japanese trading firm in its strategic investment into a leading U.S. cross-device identity management technology startup.
- Representation of a Japan and Silicon Valley based deep-learning fintech company in its sale of an image web‑service, and in its $1.7 million seed financing.
- Representation of a Japanese trading firm in venture investment in a China-based drug research and development company.
- Representation of a Japanese trading firm in investment in a China-based energy storage company.
- Representation of a U.S.-based venture capital in its series B investment into a Japanese IoT company.
- Representation of a Japanese trading firm in its investment in a Chinese fund.
- Representation of Coller Capital in its investment in Pfizer Japan’s spin-off company through subscription of shares and warrants.
- Representation of foreign sovereign fund in its investment in a licensed securities company in Japan through convertible preferred stock subscription.