Jeannie's representative engagements include the following examples:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Applied Precision, Inc., a cellular imaging company, in its sale to GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE:GE).
- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq and MTA: CTIC), an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company, in the sale of a 50 percent interest to and formation of a joint venture with Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NasdaqGM: SPPI) to develop and market Zevalin in the United States.
- Dorado Network Systems Corporation, a leader in collaborative cloud computing applications and architecture to the financial services industry, in its sale to CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a provider of information, analytics and business services.
- Nexus Biosystems, Inc., a leader in automated compound and sample management solutions for life sciences, in its sale to Brooks Automation, Inc. (Nasdaq:BRKS).
- SureWest Communications (Nasdaq: SURW), a communications holding company, in the $173 million acquisition of Everest Broadband, Inc. and the dispositions of its wireless business to Verizon Wireless (NYSE: VZ) and, its directory publishing business to GateHouse Media, Inc. (NYSE: GHS).
- iParadigms, LLC, a leading provider of anti-plagiarism software, in the sale of a controlling interest to Warburg Pincus, a private equity firm.
- Hands on Video Relay Services, Inc., a provider of Internet-based, audio and video relay services, in its merger with GoAmerica, Inc. (Nasdaq: GOAM).
- Ditan Corporation, an interactive software distributor, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Cinram International, the world's largest provider of pre-recorded multimedia products.
- Breg (Nasdaq: OFIX), a developer of orthopedic reconstructive products and an Orthofix International N.V. company, in the sale of the PainCare product line to LMA International N.V.
Financings and Strategic Investments
- Acer, Inc., world's second largest computer manufacturer, in its acquisition of a strategic equity stake in Fuhu, Inc.
- JP Morgan Global Special Opportunities Group, in its investment in Trony Solar Holdings Co., Ltd., a PRC-based solar technology company.
- NT Pharma, a distributor in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, in an investment by TPG, a leading global private investment firm.
- StemCyte, Inc., an umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation and therapeutic products company, in numerous rounds of preferred stock financings by venture capital firms.
- Sojitz Corporation, a Japanese trading company, in its strategic investment in NetEnrich, Inc., a U.S. provider of IT infrastructure management and optimization services.
- VantagePoint Venture Partners, an international venture capital firm, in its investment in ChaCha, Masala, Inc. and other portfolio companies.
- WI Harper, in its investment in Innovation Works (China).
Cross Border Transactions
- Acer Inc., the Taiwan-based, world's number four personal computer vendor and number two notebook vendor, in its $320 million acquisition of Silicon Valley based iGware, Inc.
- Advance Pressure Technology, a U.S.-based manufacturer of semiconductor equipment components, in its sale to publicly held, Japan-based SMC Corporation, a manufacturer of pneumatic automation products.
- InSync Software, Inc., a provider of RFID and sensor-driven application software, in its sale to RFID Invest AG, an international investment firm focused on RFID technology.
- Pacific Millennium Corporation in its China paper processing joint ventures with International Paper and Stone Containers.
- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a U.S.-based world leader in software for semiconductor manufacturing, in its acquisition of semiconductor IP product development assets of Canada-based MOSAID Technologies, Inc. (TX: MSD).