Ric's representative experiences include the following:
- Union Carbide Corporation. Ric is a member of the Orrick team acting as National Counsel to Union Carbide (a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company) in ongoing asbestos-related product liability litigation. Ric is a member of the Orrick team that has taken numerous disputes to trial, including a recent complete defense verdict in California and a recent favorable resolution after a multi-week jury trial in Oregon. Ric also acts as Regional Counsel for the company where he oversees and manages the company's litigation docket in 10 states of the Western United States.
- DISH Network. Represented DISH Network Corporation and its subsidiaries in various patent infringement lawsuits in federal district courts, including the Central District of California, the District of Colorado, and the Eastern District of Texas. The technology at issue in those cases related to data transmission, electronic signal processing, and electronic programming guides.
- Fujifilm and Konica Minolta. Represented Fujifilm and Konica Minolta as co-defendants in a patent infringement lawsuit in the Eastern District of Texas involving electronic signal processing technology within commercial camera and printer products.
- Microdynamics. Represented Microdynamics, a national provider of personalized transactional printing and mailing services, in a patent infringement lawsuit. The case was successfully transferred to and resolved in Microdynamics’ home district – the Northern District of Illinois.
- Corporate Internal Investigations. Assisted in extensive internal investigations and inquiries for various companies, including Fortune companies, into compliance with federal government regulations.
- Pro Bono. Represented an individual in connection with his lawsuit against a former doctor for violation of his California Constitutional Right to Privacy and various medical information privacy statutes. The case settled on favorable terms.