Some of Alex's representative engagements include the following:
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. v. Netflix, Inc.: Represents Netflix in an interference with contract and unfair competition litigation with Fox.
- Viacom International Inc. v. Netflix, Inc.: Represents Netflix in an interference with contract and unfair competition litigation with Viacom.
- Thorne Research and Softgel Formulators v. XYMOGEN: Secured a complete win for XYMOGEN in a lengthy patent infringement suit brought in the District of Utah. The plaintiffs alleged that XYMOGEN sold certain nutritional supplements (highly absorbable Coenzyme Q10) in violation of its patent and sought damages as well as a permanent injunction to prohibit XYMOGEN from selling the accused products. After four years of litigation and a six-day jury trial, the jury ruled in a favor of XYMOGEN on all counts. In addition, the jury found the plaintiffs’ patent invalid for derivation and improper inventorship.
- Synopsys, Inc. v. Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.: Represented Synopsys in a litigation against Ubiquiti involving software piracy and conspiracy. Synopsys brought claims under the DMCA and RICO statutes.
- Mouloki v. Epee: Secured a jury verdict for a pro bono client in the Northern District of Illinois, succeeding on her claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Illinois Labor Law.