Sushila Nayak is co-head of the firm’s Structured Finance Group. Dual-qualified in New York and England and Wales, Sushila works with financial institutions, public and privately owned companies, asset managers and alternative lenders on complex, multidisciplinary financings.
She has a broad range of experience in debt financing transactions, including structured credit and corporate finance. She represents issuers, arrangers and collateral managers in connection with the issuance and restructuring of various structured finance products, derivatives transactions and debt issuances in Europe and the United States.
Sushila also provides counsel to technology and other companies on trade finance matters, including receivables financing arrangements, vendor financing, and supply chain financing.
Active in pro bono work, she leads the London office’s pro bono efforts.
Sushila's experience includes advising:
- Arrangers on European CLOs
- Issuers, arrangers and investors in connection with the warehousing and securitisation of various assets, including receivables, tax credits and loans
- Issuers, arrangers and investors on compliance with European risk retention requirements
- Borrowers and lenders on corporate bonds and private debt and bank lending transactions
- Corporates and lenders on supply chain, customer finance and receivables financing arrangements
Sushila's recent engagements include:
- Representing Morgan Stanley as arranger of the North Westerly V European CLO transaction
- Representing Enel Finance International N.V. and Enel S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of a $4 billion U.S. dollar sustainability linked bond
- Representing the purchaser in a cross-border private securitisation of diamond receivables
- Representing Millicom International Cellular S.A. on a $1.65 billion bridge loan
- Representing Millicom International Cellular S.A. in connection with its issuance of a $500 million bond issued under Rule 144A/Regulation S, and its $600 million tender and redemption of existing bonds