Christina is a Senior Associate and a member of the M&A and Private Equity Group and a member of the Technology Companies Group. She has a broad experience advising domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions as well as venture capital investments.
Christina represents clients in all types of corporate transactions and on all aspects of related corporate law matters and regulatory issues, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions. This includes transactions and advice with regard to technology companies (including advising fintech transactions and advising companies in the mobility and in particular autonomous driving sectors).
Prior to joining Orrick in Munich, she worked at another international law firm renowned for its Warranty & Indemnity insurance practice with regard to large M&A transactions. This also included secondments to the legal department as well as the M&A insurance team of a major international U.S. insurance company. Previously she gained work experience for one year in law firms in New York and Atlanta.
Christina studied law and economics at Passau University and graduated with the German law degree from Freiburg University. She also holds a Diploma in Legal Studies from King’s College London, and an LL.M. from Duke University, North Carolina.
Christina is admitted to the German Bar (since 2010) and the New York Bar (since 2007).
Recent representative transactions include:
- Gimv / advice on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Köberl Group, a full-service provider of facility management and technical building services;
- Founders of fintec firm Giroxx GmbH / advice on the sale of the company to the U.S. financial services provider INTL FCStone;
- Shareholders of FAST LTA AG, a specialist for data storing with integrated data protection / advice on sale to Afinum;
- Major US insurance company / advice on risk profiling for Warranty and Indemnity insurance transaction risks regarding numerous large M&A transactions across all industry sectors with an aggregate volume of several billion Euro*;
- German financial services group Wüstenrot & Württembergische AG (W&W) / advice on the acquisition of Munich based fintech firm treefin AG, which marked an important step in W&W Group’s digital strategy and was the first takeover of an InsurTech startup by a German listed insurance company*;
- Hyperion Insurance Group / advice on the acquisition of shares in Euroassekuranz Versicherungsmakler AG (and the entering of a strategic partnership)*;
- International insurers and reinsurers / advice on group restructuring projects, cross-border regulatory projects and cooperation agreements with German distribution partners*;
- International insurers and financial services providers / advice on several cross-border portfolio transfers*;
- Pilot Travel Centers / advice on their acquisition of Flying J's core travel plaza and truck stop businesses, which was described by the M&A Advisor as a "deal of the decade"*; and
- Worldwide leading chip manufacturer / advice on several venture capital investments (convertible loan, Seed, Series-A to Series-C), e.g. in the areas of IoT, Big Data, Wearable Technologies, drones and thin-film solar modules*.
(* prior to joining Orrick.)