As Orrick’s Chief Client Officer, Catherine Zinn oversees Orrick’s sector focused business development, client satisfaction, alumni program and strategic events functions, globally.
Catherine and her team of experienced Managing Directors and other professional staff help ensure the firm is a steward of our clients' businesses. The team supports Orrick’s commitment to each client’s cause by listening to their views and concerns, responding to their needs, and articulating a shared understanding of priorities. Among other responsibilities, the team meets with clients to solicit their feedback and work with the firm’s relationship partners and teams to deliver value added services – and real innovation.
Catherine spearheads the firm’s strategic partnerships with thought leaders, community organizations, and other influencers - designed to add value for our clients and enhance the firm’s social impact. Additionally, Catherine commits a significant portion of her time connecting high profile executives, alumni, and other friends of the firm to jobs and to public company board seats, with an emphasis on diversity.
Previously, Catherine held senior client relations roles at DLA Piper and JAMS. With 20+ years of experience doing professional services sales, Catherine has built a reputation as a “super-connector” throughout the legal, tech, and financial services industries. Catherine’s passion in life is coaching and helping other people achieve their goals.
Catherine is a leader in the community:
- National Foundation for Fitness, Sports and Nutrition (Board Member) Appointed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Law Foundation of Silicon Valley (Board Member, Chair of Nomination and Governance Committee)
- Silicon Valley Directors’ Exchange, in affiliation with the Rock Center for Corporate Governance and Stanford University (Board Member) A community for Silicon Valley’s top public company directors
- International Women’s Forum, Legacy Foundation (Board Member) Investing in non-profits focused on women and girls
- American Heart Association, Go Red for Women (Executive Council)
- Shatter Fund Investing in companies led by female entrepreneurs (Advisor)
- Integra Ledger and the Global Legal Blockchain Consortium (Advisor)
- National Finance Committee for Kamala Harris’ 2020 presidential campaign (Founding Member)
Catherine has been recognized as a Woman of Influence by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and as a Woman of Achievement by Legal Momentum.
In January of 2015 she was inducted into the International Women’s Forum and in 2016 joined American Leadership Forum’s roster of senior fellows along with other top c-level executives and community leaders.
Catherine is a founding member of the National Finance Committee for Kamala Harris’ 2020 presidential campaign. She has also served on the 2011 Barack Obama National Finance Committee, and as the National Chair of Lawyers for Obama, and Hillary Clinton’s 2008 National Finance Committee.
Catherine was a three-sport varsity athlete in college, tennis instructor, personal trainer, and head coach of a top ranked high-school tennis team in Washington, DC. Catherine is a graduate of Hamilton College with a degree in Economics.