Dr. Sven Greulich, partner at Orrick's Düsseldorf office, guides technology companies of all stages and their financial sponsors through transformational corporate transactions. These deals include technology acquisitions, buy-out M&A of technology companies and strategic cross-border investments/JV as well as later stage venture capital investments.
Sven advises technology companies on complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and private equity and venture capital investments, and provides general corporate counseling.
His clients include technology companies of all stages and their investors at all points in the company life cycle. Supported by a global and cross-practice team, he also counsels major corporations on expansion/market entry projects and has a special focus on in- and outbound German/US investments and joint ventures.
Sven is passionate about building a bridge for his clients from Germany to the US and other international technology hubs and to help them succeed in the international market. With a dual background in business and law, an entrepreneurial spirit, and experience in over 200 M&A transactions and financing rounds across many industries (including energy, automotive, information technology, commerce and life science), Sven has a unique perspective, which inspires him to find the best strategic and commercially viable solution for his clients.
Sven volunteers with entrepreneur groups at the WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management and the RWTH Aachen and periodically lectures at the WHU on venture capital financings and legal aspects of corporate venture capital structures.
Sven's work has been repeatedly awarded, inter alia
- the leading German market publication JUVE ranks him as "frequently recommended for M&A, PE/VC and corporate advice. In its latest yearbook 2020/2021, JUVE named Sven as one of Germany's top attorneys for venture capital (the highest recognition for this category awarded by JUVE);
- the Legal500 Rankings EMEA for 2020 recommends Sven for “mid-sized international Corporate M&A deals (€100m-€500m)” and "Venture Capital Deals";
- Best Lawyers and Handelsblatt recommend him as top lawyer for M&A transactions (2020);
- in the 2017 edition of its Innovative Lawyers Report Europe, the Financial Times named Sven’s work to connect start-ups with Germany’s Mittelstand (mid-sized companies) a standout “for making bridges between Silicon Valley and Germany”;and
- since 2017, he has annually received the “Acritas Star Lawyer” award from the leading international legal research company Acritas based on clients' praise for Sven's responsiveness and business-oriented advice for technology companies.