Finance, Securitization, and Restructuring
Renewable Power Project Development and Acquisitions
- The note purchasers in the first-of-a-kind securitization of non-operated oil and gas wellbore interests of Raisa Energy.
- The note purchasers in the securitization of operated oil and gas wellbore interests of Diversified Gas & Oil.
- A club syndicate of European investors in connection with a euro-denominated investment in the US$-based acquisition of upstream oil and gas assets in the San Juan Basin from BP America Production Co.
- A market leading reserve based lending bank as administrative agent in connection with the bankruptcy of Legacy Reserves.
- A market leading reserve based lending bank as administrative agent in connection with the out of court restructuring of an upstream oil and gas company.
- A market leading reserve based lending bank as secured lender in connection with the issuance of notes in a distressed upstream oil and gas company.
- The developer of several solar power projects in connection with the acquisition of over $500 million of solar modules and the engineering, procurement and construction agreements for the projects.
- The developer of a battery storage project in connection with the acquisition for the main power transformer for the project.
- The prospective acquirer of a portfolio of renewable power projects in connection with the negotiation of development and services agreements.
- The developer of a renewable power project in connection with its operation and maintenance agreements.
- A private-equity-backed company in connection with its acquisition of landowner royalty rights.
- The construction contractor in connection with the front-end engineering and design agreement and EPC contract for the construction of a landfill waste to power generation project for a municipal solid waste disposal authority.
Upstream and Midstream Oil and Gas M&A, Development and Private Equity
- A supermajor in a $2.2 billion acquisition and joint venture of Barnett shale assets.
- The management of Vine Oil and Gas in multiple joint ventures with The Blackstone Group targeting U.S. operated working interests, mineral interests and other upstream assets.
- The portfolio company of the Middle Eastern private equity fund in its investment in a gas storage project in Texas.
- A private equity-backed oil and gas company in an acquisition and acreage exchange for an operated interest in the Permian Basin.
- A supermajor in a $1.2 billion disposition of its interest in a Gulf Coast pipeline.
- Providence Energy in a joint venture with a Fortune 50 company's pension fund targeting upstream and midstream oil and gas assets.
- A U.K.-based energy company in a $1.3 billion acquisition and joint venture of Haynesville shale assets.
- Alta Resources Development in a joint venture with its equity sponsors targeting upstream oil and gas assets.
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd., in negotiation of agreements for a $680 million acquisition and joint venture of Eagle Ford shale assets.
- A U.K.-based energy company in the unitization of the Lula Field, one of the world's largest oil fields, offshore Brazil.
- A Japan-based energy company in the formation of and corporate governance matters relating to its U.S. gas marketing subsidiary and related midstream agreements.
Petrochemicals and Liquified Natural Gas
- NOVA Chemicals Corporation in its $2.1 billion acquisition from The Williams Companies of their interests in an ethane cracker in Geismar, Louisiana and the Mont Belvieu storage hub.
- Subsidiaries of NOVA Chemicals Corporation and Borealis AG in their Texas joint venture with Total Petrochemicals and Refining USA, Inc. with respect to two existing polyethylene facilities, an under-construction ethane cracker and a development stage Borstar polyethylene facility.
- A joint venture entity developing a major polyethylene terephthalate (polyester) manufacturing facility in connection with agreements with its construction manager and various procurement and commercial matters.
- A U.K.-based energy company in the drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract for an Australia-based LNG export project.
- A chemical manufacturing company with facilities in Texas and Kentucky in connection with construction, procurement, and commercial contracting matters.
- A major energy company in the drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract for an LNG export project in Louisiana.
- A joint venture of seven nuclear power plant operators in the formation of a jointly-owned entity, investments in the entity and related corporate and commercial agreements.
- STP Nuclear Operating Company as agent for the owners in the drafting and negotiation of an over-$10 billion engineering, procurement and construction contract for the construction of two new nuclear reactors adjacent to an existing nuclear power plant in South Texas.
- A nuclear materials transportation and disposal company in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a decommissioning agreement and related agreements for the decommissioning of a nuclear power generation facility.
- A nuclear materials processing company in connection with the acquisition of two processing facilities.
Oilfield Services and Equipment
- A major international oilfield services company in an acquisition of the assets of an oilfield technology company.
- A leading oil and gas equipment distributor in connection with numerous purchase, sale and license agreements.
- A major international oilfield services company in connection with its disposition of equity interests in a technology company servicing upstream energy companies.
- A closely-held company in its acquisition of option rights to purchase intellectual property with applications in upstream oil and gas production.