of Johanna's representative engagements include the following:
- Thorne Research and Softgel Formulators v. XYMOGEN. We secured a complete win for XYMOGEN in a lengthy patent infringement suit brought in the District of Utah. The plaintiffs alleged that XYMOGEN sold certain nutritional supplements (highly absorbable Coenzyme Q10) in violation of its patent and sought damages, as well as a permanent injunction that would prohibit XYMOGEN from selling the accused products. After four years of litigation and a six-day jury trial, the jury ruled in a favor of XYMOGEN on all counts. In addition, the jury found the plaintiffs’ patent invalid both for derivation and improper inventorship.
- Mouloki v. Epee. Johanna and a team of Orrick attorneys successfully secured a jury verdict for a pro bono client in the Northern District of Illinois, succeeding on her claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Illinois Labor Law.
- AllCells v. Cepheus Bio. Johanna represented
AllCells in trade secret litigation related to the commercial purification and
sale of primary cells. Johanna successfully obtained a preliminary injunction
for AllCells under the DTSA.
- Bio-Rad v. 10X Genomics. Johanna represented 10X
and its founders in trade secret litigation, brought by Bio-Rad, related to
single cell and genome sequencing.
- Oracle/State of
Oregon. Johanna is a member of a
team that represented Oracle in high stakes litigation arising from Oregon's
failure to launch its health insurance exchange under the Affordable Care Act.
- Fluidigm Corp. v.
NanoString Tech. Inc. Represented NanoString Technologies in a case
involving allegations of false advertising and unfair competition.
- Blue Spike LLC v. Audible Magic Corp. Johanna is a member of a team that successfully
defended Audible Magic Corporation in a patent infringement action brought by
Blue Spike LLC. Audible Magic obtained summary judgment of noninfringement for
all asserted patents.
- DISH Networks. Johanna is a member of a
team that represented DISH Networks and its related entities in various patent