Jon's recent engagements include the following.
- Representation of a joint venture amongst global and domestic opportunity funds in the acquisition of multiple mezzanine loans at a discount that were originated by an Investment Bank and that are secured by a pledge of mezzanine borrowers’ indirect ownership interests of office buildings in Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Representation of a joint venture between a global opportunity fund and a homebuilder in connection with the acquisition, financing and development of a three phase, 170 unit single family residential development in Orange County.
- Representation of a joint venture between global opportunity funds in the bid for mezzanine loan interests in the mezzanine borrowers that are indirect owners of 31 office properties in Southern California.
- Representation of a global opportunity fund with acquisition of senior mortgage debt from a special servicer for San Francisco luxury hotel at less than replacement with goal of acquiring hotel through foreclosure or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.
- Representation of a global opportunity fund in connection with acquisition of controlling tranches of discounted debt secured by mortgages encumbering a luxury hotel in San Francisco from an investment bank.
- Representation of a global opportunity fund in connection with the acquisition of a 50 percent membership interest in a high rise luxury entitlement and development project in San Francisco.
- Representation of real estate investment funds in subscription facility financings.
- Representation of large institutional bank with workouts, modifications and dispositions of distressed and REO assets.
- Analysis of office leases in a multiproperty portfolio sale.