Examples of engagements on which Matthew has worked include the following:
- Acting for Telenor on the combination of its and TeliaSonera's mobile network operators in Denmark.
- Advising the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) in relation to the acquisition of Formula 1 by Liberty Media.
- Acting for Thales Group in its acquisition of Vormetric, Inc., a provider of data protection solutions in physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures.
- Acting for IronPlanet in its acquisition by Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world's largest industrial auctioneers.
- Acting for AVG Technologies,
a developer of security software applications, in its acquisition by Avast.
- Acting for Planet Labs, Inc. in its acquisition of Terra Bella Technologies, a division of Google providing satellite imagery.
- Acting for Apigee, a cloud computing company, in its acquisition by Google.
- Acting for LINTEC Corporation in its acquisition of MACtac Americas, a manufacturer and distributor of pressure sensitive labels.
- Acting for Social Finance, Inc. in its acquisition of Zenbanx, a company offering mobile multi-currency bank accounts.
- Acting for Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products, in its acquisition of MEI Conlux Holdings, provider of unattended payment systems.
- Representing Sony Europe Limited in its damages action before the High Court against AU Optronics and others.
- Acting for Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of a European chemical and metal producer.
- Acting for Exxaro Resources Limited on the combination of its mineral sands business with Tronox Incorporated.
- Representing Enron Coal Services Ltd (in liquidation) in its private damages claim against English Welsh & Scottish Railway Ltd.
- Acting for Telenor on the acquisition of Globul, the Bulgarian mobile telecommunications operator, and in the sale of Telenor's mobile telecommunications assets in Russia and Ukraine to Vimpelcom Ltd.
- Advising companies in several different industry sectors in relation to potentially abusive behaviour of dominant entities.