M&A and Private Equity
- BOE in its €324 million acquisition of 80% shares of SES-imagotag, a Paris-listed company and the leading solution provider in electronic shelf labeling and digital signage worldwide.
- China Minmetals in its internal reorganization of over US$10 billion of its global assets covering multiple overseas subsidiaries under its Hong Kong investment arm, Minmetals HK group.
- China Gold in its US$330 million acquisition of one of the top 10 largest gold mines in China from Eldorado Gold, a Toronto and New York dual-listed company.
- CEFC China Energy in its US$114 million acquisition of a partial
participation interest of the oil assets in Chad from Taiwanese state-owned Chinese
- Minmetals HK in its issuance of US$1 billion convertible and redeemable preferred shares to China Reform Holdings Corporation Ltd.
- China United Coalbed Methane Corporation Ltd (CUCBM) in its proposed US bankruptcy acquisition of the contractor interest under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC), and the subsequent termination of that PSC after the bankruptcy acquisition was aborted.
- Hero Beteiligungen AG, a famous European dairy producer, in its US$294 million acquisition of the minority interests in Liaoning Huishan Dairy Holding Group.
- WPP, an international advertising company, in its US$38 million acquisition of Sinotrust International Information & Consulting (Beijing) Co., Ltd., a leading Chinese market investigation company (particularly in China automobile industry).
- Kingsignal, a Shenzhen-listed company, in its CA$36 million acquisition of a Canadian radio frequency and microwave devices manufacturer.
- China XD Plastics Company Limited, a NASDAQ-listed Chinese modified plastics producer, in its PIPE deal to obtain US$100 million investment from Morgan Stanley.
- Vangoo Capital in its US$3 million equity investment in Milanoo.com, a Chinese online retail store specializing in selling fashion apparels.
- Gobi Partners in its US$3 million equity investment in Easybuy.com, a Chinese credit card installments shopping e-commerce website.
- Bonovo Orthopedic, Inc., a PRC orthopedic products manufacturer, in its US$10 million equity financing from Legend Capital, OrbiMed and US individual investors.
FDI and General Corporate
- SunPower Corporation in its entire Chinese practices, including the establishment of multiple joint ventures across China, divestiture of its investment from a joint venture, and general corporate matters.
- Siemens China in its establishment of a joint venture company in Beijing with BAIC Motor, which has a registered capital of RMB240 million and is engaged in production of electricity car components.
- CITIC Construction in its multiple overseas corporate matters related to international sanctions in Iran and Iraq and dispute resolutions in Austria and Brazil.