Shaila's experience includes the following:
- Represent Johnson & Johnson as trial counsel and national coordinating counsel in the talc litigation.
- Represented various Fortune 500 companies in products liability litigation, including pharmaceutical and medical device companies, as trial counsel and national coordinating counsel.
fintech company in breach of contract, fraud and civil RICO action (Cayan LLC v. All the Way Up, LLC (S.D.N.Y.
Microsoft in multiple patent licensing disputes with mobile device manufacturers
including: Microsoft Licensing GP v. Yulong Computer Telecommunication
Scientific (Shenzen) Co. (S.D.N.Y. 2015) and Microsoft Licensing GP v. Samsung
Electronics Co., Ltd. (S.D.N.Y. 2014).
cloud computing start-up in connection with trade secret and employment
litigation (Continuity Logic LLC v. Snyder (D.N.J.)).
semiconductor manufacturer in connection with trade secret and employment
injunctive relief preventing the dissemination of trade secrets and breach of
noncompete (Applied Materials, Inc. v.
Burks (N.D.N.Y. 2014)).
LG in connection with breach of patent licensing agreement (Digitech Image
Technologies LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. (D. Del. 2015)).
- Representing various investment banks in federal litigations and
arbitrations involving premium-financed life insurance policies.
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC as plaintiff in actions against
defaulted foreign derivatives counterparties and secured pre-discovery summary
judgment on behalf of the client in multiple actions.
- Represented The Bank of New York Mellon, as trustee of residential
mortgage-backed securitization (RMBS) trusts, in a variety of matters,
including litigation seeking the approval of an $8.5 billion proposed settlement
with Bank of America Corp. in connection with 530 RMBS trusts (In the matter of the application of The Bank of New
York Mellon, Index No. 651786/2011 (Supreme Court, New York County)).
- Represented The Bank of New York Mellon in all aspects of litigation,
as well as SEC and CFTC investigations, in connection with the bankruptcy of
Sentinel Management Group, resulting in a trial victory for The Bank of New
York Mellon (Grede v. The Bank of New York
et al., (N.D. Ill. 2010)).
- Member of team that secured summary judgment for YouTube and its
parent Google in a billion-dollar copyright infringement suit brought by Viacom
(Viacom et al. v. Google et al.,
- Represented Ernst & Young LLP in connection with its audit of
Allied Deals, Inc., a privately owned company that was accused of orchestrating
a $600 million international Ponzi scheme (Sterling
National Bank v. Ernst & Young LLP, 2008 NY.
Misc. LEXIS 6997 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Dec. 1, 2008)).
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in a major FCPA internal
investigation that was self-reported to the SEC. Represented several executives
in connection with various ongoing FCPA investigations involving activity in
Asia. Created, presented and implemented anti-corruption and compliance
policies for several Fortune 500 companies.