Steve's experience includes the following.
Representative clients include:
- Build America Mutual Assurance - tax advice related to organization and operations.
- Credit Suisse - tax advice related to derivative financial products.
- Mizuho Bank - tax advice related to operations.
- First Marblehead Corporation - tax advice in connection with asset sale.
- Aflac - advise on international tax issues.
- Sumter Community Development District - tax advice in connection with IRS audit.
- City of Los Angeles – tax advice related to employee benefits.
- 1st Alliance Lending LLC - tax advice related to organizational changes.
Representative matters include:
- Requests for private letter rulings from the IRS.
- Draft tax disclosures for SEC filings relating to securities offerings.
- Advise on FATCA issues.
- Advise on tax sharing agreements.
- Advise on S corporation requirements.
- Advise on tax issues related to compensation and benefits.
- Advise on tax issues related to cross-broader acquisitions and ventures.
- Represent clients in connection with IRS and NY State tax audits.
- Advise clients on NY State tax issues.
- Requests for tax exempt determination from the IRS.