San Francisco; Sacramento
Justin Cooper leads Orrick’s Finance Sector and is a member of the
firm’s Management Committee. He also chairs the Public Finance
Department’s nationally prominent housing finance group.
Justin's practice is focused primarily in the following areas:
- affordable multifamily rental housing (local and state housing agencies);
- lending, including leveraged lending, with public agency borrowers;
- short- and long-term working capital financings;
- public higher education;
- single-family housing;
- workouts and restructurings; and
- cannabis industry financing opportunities.
Justin is on the Board of Directors of the California Housing Consortium and
is a past Chairman of the Bond Buyer's California Public Finance Conference. He
speaks frequently at conferences and other industry events.
Justin is known in the affordable housing community in particular for being a
solution-oriented lawyer who understands the business fundamentals of affordable
housing and real estate finance as well as being fully versed in the applicable
laws and regulations. He frequently collaborates with developers and other
participants in the development of new financial structures and products
designed to lower overall financing costs for housing providers and thereby
increase both the supply and quality of available affordable housing.