Glenn Dassoff is a first chair trial lawyer with extensive and diverse experience having successfully tried more than 50 cases in his career. His trial work has covered every major practice area of the firm, though most concentrated in the intellectual property, trademark, general commercial litigation, real estate, banking, and construction industries, where he has handled litigation for some of the best known companies in America.
For many years, Glenn has represented some of the nation’s leading high technology companies in a variety of litigation disputes involving theft of trade secrets, unfair competition, intellectual property, and joint-venture financings. He has successfully handled over a hundred trade secret cases, including more than a dozen trials and related evidentiary hearings on injunctive relief.
He has also handled shareholder class action and derivative suits, securities, government contracts, defense contracts, etc.
A sample of Glenn's experience includes the following matters:
- Won a complete defense verdict in a $55 million identity theft case for one of the country's largest drug laboratories.
- Won the second largest damage verdict in California after an 11-week jury trial involving breach of contract claims against a large shopping center redevelopment.
- Won a complete defense verdict for one of the world’s largest mobile phone companies, invalidating a competitor’s LCD patents.
- Won a complete defense verdict in an injunctive relief case involving alleged theft of trade secrets between two of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies.
- Successful representation of key contractor in dispute over cost and completion of the military facilities in the “Green Zone” in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Successful defense of one of the world’s largest electronics companies in licensing dispute over marketing and distribution of e-commerce software.
- Won large settlement for one of the country’s largest tire store chains in trademark infringement case involving use of adwords in advertising on the internet.
- Successful in representing one of the world’s largest defense contractors in a dispute involving the theft of the source code for the guidance system on the Tomahawk Cruise Missile.
- Won one of the largest verdicts in San Diego County for this country’s preeminent tunnel manufacturing company after a 10-week jury trial. The dispute involved design and production delay issues surrounding construction of the $300 million South Bay Waste Treatment and Outfall Tunnel, located on the border between Mexico and California. The project was an outgrowth of the NAFTA treaty and has resulted in the successful cleanup of one of the world’s pollution “hot spots.”
Glenn is a popular speaker for many of the country’s leading bar groups, including the Rutter Group and the Continuing Education of the Bar, and has lectured on subjects ranging from civil procedure before and during trial, to cross-examination and jury selection. He has served as keynote speaker for the American Appraisal Institute at its National Convention.