Gregory Beaman focuses his practice on complex commercial
litigation, with an emphasis on class actions, business tort and high value contract disputes in a broad
range of industries, including finance, technology, manufacturing and
Representative matters include:
- Dismissal of class action claims against Everalbum, Inc., alleging that the invite-a-friend feature of Ever's mobile app violated the Illinois Right of Publicity Act and the TCPA. See Pratt v. Everalbum, Inc., 2017 WL 4161685 (N.D. Ill. 2017). See also Figueroa v. Everalbum, Inc., 2017 WL 4574797 (E.D. Mo. 2017).
- Secured withdrawal of putative TCPA class action claims against Cayan LLC after briefing on summary judgment and oral argument (D. Mass. 2017).
- Dismissal, with prejudice, of TCPA class action claims against Life360, Inc. alleging that Life360's mobile app sent unsolicited text messages to users' contacts. See Cour v. Life360, Inc., 2016 WL 4039279 (N.D. Cal. 2016).
- Dismissal of false advertising class action claims against Boiron, Inc. and Boiron USA, Inc., affirmed by the Seventh Circuit in Conrad v. Boiron, Inc., 869 F.3d 536 (7th Cir. 2017).
- Stay of patent infringement and California law tort claims against Toshiba Corporation on the ground that the arbitrability of those claims had to be decided by an ICC tribunal, which ultimately resulted in dismissal of all claims, with prejudice, in both federal court action and related ICC arbitration. See BaySand Inc. v. Toshiba Corp., 2015 WL 7293651 (N.D. Cal. 2015).
- Dismissal of class action claims, with prejudice, against Johnson Controls, Inc. for alleged violation of the Federal Wiretap Act and D.C. Wiretap Act arising out of its installation of security cameras at the Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center (D.D.C. 2015).
While in law school, Greg served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Ronna Lee Beck of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and as a law clerk in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland.
Greg has also co-authored numerous articles appearing in publications such as the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, New York Law Journal, Law360, and Delaware Business Court Insider.