Gregory Beaman focuses his practice on complex commercial
litigation, with an emphasis on class actions, business tort and high value contract disputes in a broad
range of industries, including finance, technology, manufacturing and
Among Greg's most recent successes are:
- Denial of class certification and resolution of plaintiff's claims on an individual basis in TCPA suit against Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and Capital Bankcard alleging that they sent unsolicited fax advertisements (N.D. Ill. 2017).
- Dismissal, with prejudice, of class action claims against Life360, Inc., in which the plaintiff alleged that Life360's mobile app sent unsolicited text messages to users' contacts in violation of the TCPA and California Unfair Competition Law. See Cour v. Life360, Inc., 2016 WL 4039279 (N.D. Cal. 2016).
- Denial of class certification and resolution of putative class representative's claims on an individual basis in suit against Boiron, Inc. and Boiron USA, Inc. under the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act, which arose out of Boiron's marketing and sale of its homeopathic flu remedy, Oscillo (N.D. Ill. 2016).
- Stay of patent infringement and California law tort claims against Toshiba Corporation on the ground that the arbitrability of those claims had to be decided by an ICC tribunal, which ultimately resulted in dismissal of all claims, with prejudice, in both federal court action and related ICC arbitration. See BaySand Inc. v. Toshiba Corp., 2015 WL 7293651 (N.D. Cal. 2015).
- Dismissal of class action claims, with prejudice, against Johnson Controls, Inc. for alleged violation of the Federal Wiretap Act and D.C. Wiretap Act arising out of its installation of security cameras at the Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center (D.D.C. 2015).
While in law school, Greg served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Ronna Lee Beck of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and as a law clerk in the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Maryland.
Greg has also co-authored numerous articles appearing in publications such as the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, New York Law Journal, Law360, and Delaware Business Court Insider.