Our firm appears on the:
- A-List – The American Lawyer, 2016 and eight times
- Global 20 – Law360, 2016 and five times
- Client Service A-Team – BTI, 2016 and two times
Chambers Global 2016 cites us for excellence in 38 practice areas, Chambers USA in 36, Chambers Europe in 23 and Chambers Asia in 14. Financial Times selected us as the Most Innovative North American Law Firm of 2016.
As a leading advisor to the global technology sector, we are recognized for our work on behalf of the most disruptive companies in the market.
- Corporate Department of the Year: Emerging Companies – The Recorder, 2016
- Tech Group of the Year – Law360, 2015 and two times
- Most Active Venture Capital Law Firm in Europe – PitchBook, 2016
- Top 20 for Global M&A by Volume – Thomson Reuters and MergerMarket, 2016)
The most innovative Tech companies in the world call on us to protect their intellectual property and defend their brands. For this work, we’ve been named:
- IP Litigation Department of the Year – The American Lawyer, 2016
- IP Group of the Year – Law360, 2015 and four times
- IP Hot List – National Law Journal, 2016 and two times
- Privacy Group of the Year – Law360, 2016
- Tier 1 for China Patent Work – Asian Legal Business, 2016 and four consecutive years
- International IP Firm of the Year – China Law & Practice, 2015
Energy & Infrastructure
Our practices and teams are recognized globally as leaders in the Energy & Infrastructure sector. Chambers and Partners 2016 rates our teams across 21 energy and infrastructure categories in markets worldwide, including the United States, Africa, France, Italy, Japan, South Korea and the UK. In addition, our lawyers have earned 65 individual rankings from Chambers and Partners 2016 across oil and gas, electric power, and renewables in markets from Houston and California to London, Paris and Hong Kong.
- Project Finance Group of the Year – Law360, 2016 and four times
- #3 for Global Infrastructure by Value – InfraNews, 2016
- U.S. PPP practice, Band 1 – Chambers Global, 2016
- U.S. Renewable Energy practice, Tier 1 – Legal 500, 2016
- Africa Legal Counsel of the Year – Magazine des Affaires, 2016
- Tier 1 for Oil, Gas, Mining & Natural Resources and Renewables in Africa – Decideurs, 2016
- Italy Energy Law Firm of the Year – Legalcommunity, 2016
- Deal of the Year Awards for our work for the Ports of Calais and Boulogne-Sur-Mer – Project Finance and Infrastructure Journal’s IJ Global, 2015, and Thomson Reuters’ Project Finance International Yearbook, 2016.
- Deal of the Year Awards for our work on behalf of IFM Investors Pty Ltd in its acquisition of the 157-mile Indiana Toll Road – The M&A Advisor, 2015, IJ Global, 2015, and Project Finance International Yearbook, 2015.
For over a century, we’ve acted for leading financial institutions at the forefront of innovation. We’ve dominated the U.S. public finance markets and have earned 24 Chambers and Partners 2016 rankings across the U.S., UK, France, Italy, Russia and globally in the areas of securitization, acquisition finance, restructuring and real estate.
- #1 Municipal Bond Counsel – Bond Buyer/Thomson Reuters, 2016 and 20 years
- Deal of the Year Awards for our work on the San Diego Unified School District’s rating upgrade on its GO bond, DC Water’s Environmental Impact Bond and Chicago Health System’s $1 billion debt restructuring – The Bond Buyer, 2016
- Top 6 Issuer’s & Underwriter’s Counsel in ABS, MBS & CMBS – Asset-Backed Alert and Commercial Mortgage Alert, 2016
- Top 10 U.S. Bankruptcy Firm – The Deal, 2015-2016
- Chambers and Partners 2016 Band 1-ranked practitioners in France and Italy
- Leading firm for Banking & Finance in the U.S., France, Italy and Russia, Euromoney Institutional Investor’s IFLR1000, 2016
- Finance & Securitization Law Firm of the Year – Finance Monthly Global Awards, 2014
- Italy NPL Law Firm of the Year – Legalcommunity, 2016
Whether we’re arguing before the U.S. Supreme Court or providing pre-litigation counseling, we bring the highest quality to everything we do.
- Top 5 Litigation Powerhouse – Law360, 2016
- Top 10 Litigation Power Rankings and Litigation Department of the Year Finalist – The American Lawyer, 2016
- Litigation Department of the Year – The Recorder, 2016 and two times
- Appellate Hot List – The National Law Journal, 2016 and five times
- Employment Group of the Year – Law360, 2015 and three times
- Labor & Employment Defense Firm of the Year – The Recorder, 2016 and three times
- Italy Employment Firm of the Year – TopLegal, 2016
- Sports Group of the Year – Law360, 2016
- Top 30 International Arbitration Firm – Global Arbitration Review, 2017
- Top 5 Litigation and Arbitration Firm in Geneva - The Lawyer Global Litigation 50, 2016
- Highly Recommended FCPA Practice (Washington, D.C.) – Global Investigations Review/Just Anti-Corruption, 2016
- 41 litigation practice rankings and 101 individual rankings worldwide – Chambers and Partners, 2016
To attract, train and inspire exceptional lawyers, we set a goal of being the best law firm to work for. How? We foster inclusive and collaborative teams. We provide our lawyers with advanced training and coaching. And we focus on making a social impact.
- 100 Best Companies to Work For – Fortune, 2016
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials
- 50 Best Workplaces for Parents
- 50 Best Workplaces for New College Grads
- 30 Best Workplaces to Retire From
- #3 Best Law Firms to Work For – Vault, 2017
- #6 nationwide in Midlevel Associate Satisfaction Survey – The American Lawyer, 2016
- #1 in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, New York City, and Washington, D.C., and #11 nationwide – The American Lawyer 2016 Summer Associates Survey
- #13 for Diversity – The American Lawyer, 2016
- #2 for Diversity – Vault Law Firm Diversity Rankings, 2017
- 11 Years at 100% for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, 2016
- 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity - Fortune, 2016
- Gold Standard Certification – Women in Law Empowerment Forum, 2016 and four times
- Best Law Firms for Women – Working Mother & Flex-Time Lawyers, 2016 and eight times
- “Gold” ranking from the San Francisco Healthy Mothers Workplace Coalition, 2016 and two times
#9 for pro bono in the United States and internationally – The American Lawyer, 2016
Client Service Innovation
Our focus on innovation is often inspired by our clients. We’ve been recognized both for innovative litigation and transactional advice and novel ways of delivering legal services.
- #1 Most Innovative Law Firm in North America – Financial Times, 2016
- Recognized for 27 client results, 5 service offerings and 4 talent development initiatives globally – Financial Times Most Innovative Lawyers Reports 2010-2016
- A firm that excels at Alternative Fee Arrangements – BTI Consulting Group 2016 State of Alternative Fee Arrangements report
- 3 Legal Innovator Awards – The Recorder, 2015-16