Interest and investment in AI is soaring. What should founders know? What does the future hold?
Listen to serial AI entrepreneur Naveen Rao talk with Orrick’s Mark Seneca about:
- The vision behind Naveen's first deep learning startup, Nervana Systems, which was sold to Intel in 2016 (4:21)
- The story behind the $1.3B sale of MosaicML, the leading generative AI company Naveen founded, to Databricks (7:50)
- A framework Naveen uses to determine whether a potential acquisition makes sense (11:30)
- Why mentors matter (19:36)
- The “singular pattern” he sees defining AI for the next 3 to 5 years – and how it may play out in fields from law and finance to medicine (21:50)