Mergers and Acquisitions
- Cruise Automation, Inc., a leader in the development of driverless car technology, in its acquisition by General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), the largest automobile manufacturer in the United States.
- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), a developer of business, mobile and PC device security software applications, in its $1.3 billion acquisition by Avast Software B.V., an industry-leading maker of security software.
- Wrike, the provider of a cloud-based collaborative work management platform, in its strategic investment by Vista Equity Partners.
- Getaround, a peer-to-peer car-sharing company, in its $300 million acquisition of Drivy, a Paris-based car-sharing company.
- Figure Eight, a best-in-class machine learning software platform, in its $300 million acquisition by Appen Limited (ASX: APX), a global leader in the provision of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and AI.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc.
(NYSE: MOH) in the $231 million disposition of its wholly owned subsidiary,
Molina Medicaid Solutions, a Medicaid management information systems business,
to DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC), the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company.
- ValuePenguin (Value Holding Inc.), a personal finance website, in its $105 million acquisition by LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE), a leading online loan marketplace and provider of online consumer finance tools and information.
- ClariPhy Communications Inc., a leading provider of ultra-high-speed systems-on-chip (SoCs) for multi-terabit data, long haul and metro networking markets in its $275 million acquisition by Inphi Corporation (NYSE: IPHI), a leading provider of high-speed data movement interconnects.
- Next Advisor, Inc., an online source of independent and in-depth research and reviews of credit cards, personal finance and internet services, in its $225 million acquisition by Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), an online publisher, aggregator, and distributor of personal finance content.
- CompareCards (Iron Horse Holdings, LLC), a leading online source for side-by-side credit card comparison, comprehensive credit education and credit health management, in its $130 million acquisition by LendingTree, Inc. (NASDAQ: TREE).
- Planet Labs Inc., an earth-imaging satellite company, in its acquisition of the Terra Bella Technologies satellite business from Google Inc.
- SecureLink Inc., the market leader in third-party access and remote support,
in its strategic investment by Vista Equity Partners.
Consumer, Retail, Services, Manufacturing
- Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:
CENT), one of the leading manufacturers of lawn and garden and pet
supplies, in acquisitions of and investments in privately owned, lawn
and garden and pet supplies companies.
- The Gap, Inc. (NYSE: GPS) in its purchase of Janie and Jack, a premium children’s fashion line, from Gymboree Group.
ABM Industries, Inc. (NYSE:
ABM), a leading provider of facility solutions, in its disposition of
certain business assets in conjunction with a strategic investment.
Daikin Applied Americas, Inc.,
a manufacturer of energy-efficient commercial HVAC systems, in acquisitions
of and investments in technology companies.
- SunEdison, Inc. (NYSE: SUNE) and its yieldco, TerraForm
Power, Inc. (NASDAQ: TERP), in the $2.4 billion acquisition of First Wind
Holdings, LLC, a leading developer, owner and operator of U.S. wind and
solar energy projects.
- Recurrent Energy, LLC, a solar project development and
generating company, in its purchase and sale of solar project assets in
the U.S. and Canada.
- Brightmark Energy, a San Francisco-based waste and
energy development company, in its majority investment in RES Polyflow and
$260 million financing for the construction of the nation’s first
commercial-scale plastics-to-fuel plant in Ashley, Indiana.
- EDF Renewable Energy, Inc., an affiliate of Électricité
de France S.A., a French energy and utility company, in its acquisition of
OwnEnergy, Inc., a national developer of mid-sized wind projects.
- DNV GL AS, a global independent testing and
certification firm, and its U.S. affiliate KEMA USA, Inc., in its
acquisition of PV Evolution Labs, a leading solar module testing company.
Ares Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: ARCC), a
specialty finance company, and its affiliate Ares Management, L.P. (NYSE:
ARES), a leading global alternative asset manager, in secured debt financings
of private middle-market companies.
- Canaan Partners, a venture capital firm, in early-stage
equity investments in technology companies.
- Canvas Venture Fund, a venture capital firm, in equity
investments in technology companies.
- Telegraph Hill Partners, a private
equity firm, in acquisitions of and investments in life science, medical
device and healthcare companies.
- Warburg Pincus, a private equity firm, in
acquisitions of and investments in technology companies.
- Ampush, a social media marketing platform.
- Aquera, a cloud-based integration platform.
- Bay Labs, a developer of machine learning and data
- Gabi, an insurance policy and rate comparison platform.
- Rockbot, a social music platform that offers a virtual
jukebox solution through internet-connected devices for businesses.
- Talkable, a referral marketing platform.
Private Secondary Transactions
companies, employees and investors in private secondary
transactions, including negotiated secondary sales, estate planning
gift transfers, issuer repurchases and redemptions, third party tender
offers and other employee liquidity programs.
- Barclays Capital Inc., the securities brokerage and
financial advisory services arm of Barclays PLC (LSE: BARC, NYSE: BCS), as financial advisor on various transactions and
its provision of fairness opinions.
- Duff & Phelps, a global valuation and corporate finance advisor, as financial advisor on a dividend recapitalization and its provision of a solvency opinion.
- Wedbush Securities Inc., a financial services and
investment firm, as financial advisor on
various M&A transactions and its provision of fairness opinions.