Orrick has been awarded Legal 500’s 2018 UK Corporate and Commercial Law Firm (Specialism) of the Year for Venture Capital.
With more than 170 VC financings valued at over $4.9 billion in 2017, the Orrick team ranks #1 for European VC volume and for venture-backed exits according to PitchBook.
Our market-leading team’s VC financings in the UK during 2017 include advising:
- JD.com in its $397 million investment in FarFetch;
- Graphcore in its $30 million Series B led by Atomico and its subsequent $50 million Series C led by Sequoia;
- Atomico in its investments in Lilium, Hinge Health, Bossa Studios, Farm Drop, Habito and OnTruck;
- WorldRemit in its $40 million Series C financing led by LeapFrog;
- Salesforce Ventures in its investments in Digital Genius, Nektoon and Privitar;
- Vostok Emerging Finance in its investment in Creditas, Finja, GuiaBolso, Magnetis, Nibo, Revo and Iyzico;
- Revolut in its $76 million Series C financing led by Index Ventures;
- Stripe and Goodwater in the $96 million Series D investment in Monzo; and
- XMOS in its $20 million Series E financing led by Infineon.
Orrick’s 25-member London tech team continues to grow, most recently welcoming Ali Ramadan, a rising star in the European tech space from Bird & Bird; Jacqui Hatfield, a leading advisor on UK and European Fintech and payments regulation from Reed Smith; and Ylan Steiner, the former head of the London VC team at King & Wood Mallesons.
The Legal 500 Awards are based on the opinions of the 250,000 in-house lawyers contacted by Legal 500 throughout the year and the in-depth research that the Legal 500 team conducts into law firms.