M&A and Private Equity
- Geo-Jade Petroleum Corporation, the largest private oil exploration and production company in China, in its joint venture and strategic cooperation relating to the exploration, construction, production and refinement of natural gas facilities and pipelines in Kazakhstan.
- BOE in its €324 million acquisition of 80% shares of SES-imagotag, a Paris-listed company and the leading solution provider in electronic shelf labeling and digital signage worldwide.
- China Minmetals in its internal reorganization of over US$10 billion of its global assets covering multiple overseas subsidiaries under its Hong Kong investment arm, Minmetals HK group.
- China Gold in its US$330 million acquisition of one of the top 10 largest gold mines in China from Eldorado Gold, a Toronto and New York dual-listed company.
- CEFC China Energy in its US$114 million acquisition of a partial
participation interest of the oil assets in Chad from Taiwanese state-owned Chinese
- Minmetals HK in its issuance of US$1 billion convertible and redeemable preferred shares to China Reform Holdings Corporation Ltd.
- China United Coalbed Methane Corporation Ltd (CUCBM) in its proposed US bankruptcy acquisition of the contractor interest under a Production Sharing Contract (PSC), and the subsequent termination of that PSC after the bankruptcy acquisition was aborted.
- Hero Beteiligungen AG, a famous European dairy producer, in its US$294 million acquisition of the minority interests in Liaoning Huishan Dairy Holding Group.
- WPP, an international advertising company, in its US$38 million acquisition of Sinotrust International Information & Consulting (Beijing) Co., Ltd., a leading Chinese market investigation company (particularly in China automobile industry).
- Kingsignal, a Shenzhen-listed company, in its CA$36 million acquisition of a Canadian radio frequency and microwave devices manufacturer.
- China XD Plastics Company Limited, a NASDAQ-listed Chinese modified plastics producer, in its PIPE deal to obtain US$100 million investment from Morgan Stanley.
- Vangoo Capital in its US$3 million equity investment in Milanoo.com, a Chinese online retail store specializing in selling fashion apparels.
- Gobi Partners in its US$3 million equity investment in Easybuy.com, a Chinese credit card installments shopping e-commerce website.
- Bonovo Orthopedic, Inc., a PRC orthopedic products manufacturer, in its US$10 million equity financing from Legend Capital, OrbiMed and US individual investors.
FDI and General Corporate
- SunPower Corporation in its entire Chinese practices, including the establishment of multiple joint ventures across China, divestiture of its investment from a joint venture, and general corporate matters.
- Siemens China in its establishment of a joint venture company in Beijing with BAIC Motor, which has a registered capital of RMB240 million and is engaged in production of electricity car components.
- CITIC Construction in its multiple overseas corporate matters related to international sanctions in Iran and Iraq and dispute resolutions in Austria and Brazil.