Roland's representative engagements include:
White Collar & Global Investigations
- Member of independent compliance monitor team appointed by DOJ and SEC for large, multi-national company in the chemicals sector.
- Represented Fortune 50 consumer company in FCPA internal investigation in Latin America.
- Represented corporate executives in criminal matters under the Economic Espionage Act.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a California university concerning violations of university policies.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a Bay Area hospital concerning potential False Claims Act violations and Medicaid fraud.
- Service on the FCPA monitorship team to a banking technology company.
Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Representation of general counsel of casino reports company in litigation arising from its redemption of stock held by a 19% shareholder and removal of Board members.
- Representation of one of China's largest building materials companies in complex federal multidistrict litigation involving allegations of defective drywall.
- Representation of senior executive and companies in various state court trade secret actions.
- Representation of asset management company and related investment funds in breach of contract and employment action.
- Representation of banking and financial services company in D&O insurance coverage arbitration.
- Representation of public utility in regulatory proceedings and for insurance coverage claims arising out of a natural gas pipeline accident.