Among other transactions, Nell has recently advised the following:
- Telenor ASA and VimpelCom Ltd. in connection with the formation of VEON (formerly VimpelCom) Ltd., a NASDAQ-listed emerging market mobile operator, the contribution of Telenor ASA’s mobile assets in Russia and Ukraine to VEON., and VEON’s registered U.S. exchange offer and Russian voluntary tender offer for the shares and American Depositary Shares (ADSs) of OJSC Vimpel-Communications.
- Telenor ASA on its $760 million public offerings in the US of portions of its VEON Ltd. ADSs.
- Telenor ASA on its $1 billion Regulation S offering outside the US of 0.25% bonds due 2019 that are exchangeable for VEON ADSs.
- Exxaro Resources Ltd., one of South Africa’s largest diversified mining companies, on its $3.4 billion combination of its mining, mineral separation and smelting mineral sands operations with the proprietary pigment-making technology of Tronox Incorporated, a US-based pigment producer. The combination involved the restructuring of operations around the world and listing the new Australian entity’s shares on the New York Stock Exchange. This transaction was recognized as a finalist for the 2012 M&A Advisor Awards M&A Deal of the Year.
- Millicom International Cellular S.A. on its debut and follow-on Regulation S/Rule 144A bond offerings.
- Pirelli Ltd. in a U.S. private placement of senior notes.